Chapter 4 - Unexpected relationship

Akihito stayed the night upstairs in her guest room that the babysitter sometimes used. And the next day, they all took the long drive back to Gracelynn and Akihito's home town.
When they arrived at the park, she asked Akihito if he would watch the rest of the children while she talked to Luis. He of course said yes, and took them to play on the playground, Awen included. She watched them from a bench while she waited for the man to arrive. she was anxious, but not in a good way, more nervous than anything.  She kept asking herself 'What if he doesn't show up? What if he decided he doesn't ever want to see him? What if he breaks Awen's heart, gets his hopes up and then crushes them?' She was so absorbed in her thoughts she didn't realize when he walked up.
He sat down next to her, and she looked at him. He hadn't changed too much, he still had slightly tan skin, and black hair. 'I definitely have a "type"' she thought to her self. Overall he looked the same, he just looked a little older, and more mature.
"Hey" She said looking into his grey eyes, the same eyes he passed down to Awen. The latter being an almost spitting image of his father, just like his brother was of his own father.
"Hi," he replied "it's been a long time." He said.
"Yeah" She looked up at the sky "almost 4 years." It was silent for a little while.
"You're beautiful" He finally broke the silence.
"I...thanks." She wasn't sure how to respond.
"Look" he said. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry for what I did. I'm sorry for how I treated you. And I'm sorry... sorry that I got you knocked u..."
She cut him off, looking straight into his eyes with a fire in hers. "Don't apologize for that." Her eyes softened a bit "Awen's great. I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world, same goes with all of my kids." She paused slightly. "My decision at the end of our relationship was a mistake, I know that. But if I could go back and change it... I wouldn't change a single thing. I got something amazing out if it. And yes, I did get hurt, I got my heart broken. But if I hadn't of made that choice, I wouldn't have either of my older sons... heck, if I had still been with you I wouldn't have my younger son, or my daughter either. That choice I made shaped my life, I don't blame you, and I definitely don't want you to apologize for it, got it?"
He shook his head, not wanting to speak to the fire he created. Another moment of silence took over while she calmed down a little.
When the air finally cleared he asked
"So, can I meet him?" She looked at him with a sparkle in her eyes. "Of course " She told him. "Just a second" She stood up for a minute and called
"Awen, will you come here please."
Upon hearing his mothers call the young boy dropped what he was doing and came running. Luis studied the boy running towards his ex. He could definitely tell it was his son, the boy looked like a younger version of himself. He stood up when the boy arrived, crouching down to his level.
"Hey little guy." He said. "My name is Luis. What's yours?" He already knew his name from Gracelynn saying it, but thought best to have the boy introduce himself.
"I'm Awen" the boy smiled as he outstretched him arm to shake the man's hand. He happily complied and shook the small boys hand.
Awen looked at Gracelynn who was watching the 2 of them. She could tell he was silently asking if this was the man, he was asking her 'is this guy my daddy?' She nodded her head and his smile grew tenfold. He wrapped his little arms around Luis' neck and said.
"You're my daddy! I finally found you!"
Luis was stiff for a moment, not expecting the sudden outburst. But he quickly relaxed and melted into the hug his son was giving him.
"Yes" he said "I'm your daddy"
Luis glanced up at Gracelynn, understanding what she was talking about earlier. When she looked at him he mouthed The words 'I'm sorry' she understood what he was apologizing for and mouthed back 'it's alright' he finally knew, he knew what the fire in her eyes was there for, he understood why she got upset at him for apologizing about making this amazing human being now in his arms. He had known him for only a few minutes and was already in love. He never wanted the boy to let go.
Seeing his revelation, Gracelynn left the two to get to know each other a bit better. She walked over to Akihito and started playing with her other children while Awen got the privilege his brother had the day before.
Her life wasn't what she had imagined it would be at this age, and it definitely wasn't perfect, but she wouldn't trade it for anything. She had a great school, a great job, a great house, and amazing children, all of whom now had their father's love along with their mother's. Luis eventually met all of her kids as well, and him and Gracelynn caught up on all the things that had happened the past 4 years.