Auditing

Waking up from another night of barely any sleep, I get out of my bed and drag myself to the shower not really in the mood to get up and get ready for work.  I started as an intern for the parks and recreation department when I was in college, which then led to a full time job.  No complaints the office is fun to work at and has some pretty fun people I just hate the wake up hour being at 6.

After my shower I brush my teeth and dry my hair, brushing it out so I can leave it down.  I put on a black dress with a faded jean jacket and knit cream scarf, then throw on m black heeled boots.  I add eye liner and light makeup and pick up my purse before walking out of my apartment to my car.

As I walk into work I notice some bags in the hallway beside Mark Brendanawicz office so I walk in.

"Mark?  What are you doing..."  I trial of  as I see all of his stuff in his office is no longer there.

"Oh, hey Davina um, you know I've just been having a really hard time lately and I've been offered a new job so I just you know decided I should take."  Mark said a little unsurely.

"Oh um, well I wish you the best of luck Mark."  I say as I awkwardly try to back out of this conversation.

I continue walking into the office and Tom walks up to me, here we go.

"Heyyyy Davina come down to Aprils birthday party tonight at the Snakehole lounge, maybe you'll get a kiss for it babe."  Tom says and winks.

"How about I just come for free the kiss isn't needed."

"Well just make sure you get Blair and Adie and it'll be all good."

"Tom leave me alone."  I jokingly push him away from me and continue to my desk.

"Paul just called, they're on they're way." Ron said as he happily walked out of his office.

"Oh God they're gonna fire people aren't they.  Yeah I am two years away from my pension."  Gerry angrily says.

"Relax Gerry we don't know that, maybe these people are very helpful and pleasant and..."  Leslie was cut off by an old man and women dressed in all black walking in.

"Ah death!"  She screams as everyone looks over at them.

"Divorce Filings?"  The man says

"Fourth floor."  Ron says and chuckles at Leslie.

"Hello, hello?'  Says a very cheery man as he and another man walk past the strange people as they walk out.

"Oh hey how are you, hello there"  The man casually greets as he walks up to our group that is currently surrounding Gerrys desk.

"Oh hi."  Leslie says unsure of herself.

"Chris Traeger, this is Ben."  The first man says way to cheerily for everyones liking, he is dressed in a suit and has blue eyes and very short sandy brown hair while the man behind him is a different story.  He has darker and longer brown hair and brown eyes.  He also has light stubble and a prominent nose, much better looking than Chris. Honestly Ben was very attractive.

"Hello gents, Ron Swanson."  Ron says and holds out his hand for Chris.

"Ron...Swanson."  Chris ignores Rons hand and just points at his face and smiles.

"Okay..."

"I'm deputy director, Leslie Knope." Leslie says

"Leslie...Knope."  Chris says and then points at Leslies face also.

"It is fantastic to be here."  He says then looks around.

"Would you gentlemen like a tour?" Leslie offers as Chris's face lights up and Ben begins to lightly shake his head no.

"Oh,there is quite literally nothing I would rather have in the world than a tour of the parks and recreation department of the great city of Pawnee led by Ron Swanson...and Leslie Knope."  Chris says excitedly.

"Okay."  Leslie laughs.

"Ben?"

"I don't think that's a great idea..."  he says but is interrupted by Chris.

"Lets do it!"  He yelled

"Okay."  Leslie says again and at that point I'm tired of listening to Chris's enthusiastic yelling so I walk into Leslies office and sit t her desk until I see them walk out along with Leslie and Ron.

"Wow what's got you so happy today."  My best friend Blair says as she walks into Leslies office with a Chick Fil A bag.

"Ugh two state auditors came today and one whos name is Chris is really cheery and annoying like he never stopped smiling,  then Ben the other one was completely the opposite he barely talked at all but I mean that's better then Chris."  I say as I get my lunch out of the bag and start eating it

"Oh by the way, Aprils birthday party is tonight and Tom wants you to come."

"Oh God, that man wont stop will he, Ill come but we gotta stay out of sight from him."  She says and we both start laughing.

"We can just make Adie have him and we can have to auditors." I say and we laugh.

"I wish, I'm still waiting for Daniel to ask me out, can he not take a hint?" She says.

"Boys." I say as we laugh and throw away our trash. I finally leave Leslie's office and take my seat in my desk beside Aprils, as I wave bye to Blair.

"Hate those new guys." April says with her usual tone,"Chris especially but Tom invited them to my party so that's cool I guess."

"Yeah..." I say confused if she's actually excited or not.

I zone out soon after that,thinking about what I would wear tonight. Andy walked in and started talking to April, which got me thinking that the last time I went out on a date with someone was Mark almost 3 months, I was way too tied down to work but now I'm ready and tonight I'm gonna find my new guy