Chapter 14

I wiped the sweat from my forehead and walked out of the training room back to the stairs. I heard whispering of what sounded like a tense discussion.
    "The tower is in horrible condition" I heard Tony say. "We shouldn't have even stayed the night here."
    "It's fine" I heard Bruce comment. "The repairs will be done soon."
    "That's not the point" I heard Clint say loudly. "The point is that HYDRA up and attacked us in the middle of the day. I'm betting you that they wanted to see if we gathered any information from their precious little military compound."
    "Well that's true" Tony said. "I found all of HYDRA's files when we attacked the base and found Fallon. I'm still trying to hack into it. It's got a pretty sophisticated encryption on it."
    "What were they looking for then? Hardware to get their stolen data back?" I heard Bruce ask.
    My breath hitched in my throat. Did HYDRA come to Avengers Tower to see if I was still alive?
    "Fallon made the comment that the scientist and Razor had declared her a failure and Razor stabbed her leaving her to die." Bruce said.
    "Who is Razor?"
    "I don't know. But Fallon described him as someone who were all black and had a metal arm."
    "That sounds like the Winter Soldier to me" I heard Steve's voice. I didn't even know he was in there. "I didn't imagine Bucky going back to HYDRA"
    "It's all he's known" Tony said so quietly I almost didn't hear it.
    "But she said they didn't call him the Winter Soldier." Bruce said. "They called him Razor. But his physical description does match that of Bucky."
    "So there is a guy out there that looks like the Winter Soldier. Is working for the same people that the Winter Soldier worked for and yet isn't the Winter Soldier?" I heard Clint ask.
    "Could we speculate that Razor could be a clone of Bucky?" Tony asked. "Think about it. HYDRA could have had a back up plan in case Bucky went you know coo coo. Maybe they cloned him and just left the other on ice until he was needed."
    "It's possible" I heard Bruce say. "I don't know about cloning part though. What if they just experimented on one of their HYDRA soldiers like Bucky was and had him frozen. That would explain why he is so obedient to them without question.
    "But it still doesn't make sense." Steve said. "They didn't just come here for nothing."
    "Steve is right" I heard Clint say. "They scanned every room they could. As if they were looking for something."
    I couldn't take hiding and eavesdropping anymore I turned and made more noise than usual as I came up the last few stairs making sure they would hear me and hopefully change the subject.
    "Good morning" I said with a small awkward wave as they all turned to stare at me.
    "Or maybe they were looking for someone" I heard Clint say.
    "What are you talking about?" I said playing stupid as I crossed my arms over my stomach.
    "We're discussing as to why HYDRA attacked us." Bruce said as he motioned to an open arm chair. I walked over and sat down in it.
    "We're thinking that it was you they were looking for" Tony said.
    "Me? Why?"
    "We suspect that HYDRA questions whether you are alive or dead." Steve said looking over at me. His eyes looked worried.
    "But when HYDRA attacked only a few soldiers saw me. But you guys took them away right?" I asked.
    "Yes they did." Clint said not making eye contact with me. "We had one escape."
    "We are now assuming that HYDRA not only knows that you are alive." Tony began.
    "But where you are and who has you." Bruce said finishing his sentence. I took a deep breath.
    "So what is the plan?" I asked looking around the room at each of them.
    "Well, we can't stay here that's for sure." Clint said.
    "Right" Steve agreed. "But HYDRA is bound to know all about the other bases we could go to and be underground. And Tony is to flamboyant about his spendings so they are bound to know where his mansions are."
    "I'll take that as a compliment Cap" Tony said nodding his head towards Steve.
    "So where do we go?" Natasha asked as she walked into the room with Thor behind her.
    "I have just returned from Asgard and have spoken with Heimdall. He sees all. He fears that Fallon's life is in great danger."
    Bruce and Tony exchanged a look before looking over at me. "Any ideas on where to hide?" Clint asked.
    I looked down at my shoes thinking of a place to hide.
    "We would need a decent cover story wherever we go." Natasha said.
    "It would practically have to be the middle of nowhere for HYDRA not to track us." Tony said leaning back in his chair.
    "I have just the place." I said looking up at them.
    "Where?" Tony asked.
    "My place" I said.