Chapter 22

"Are you sure?" Steve asked touching my arm and looking at me intently.
"Yes" I said looking down. "It's all coming back."
"Are you alright?"
"Yeah, I'm just.. It's a lot to take in." I said looking out at the pond.
"We have to tell the team." Steve said going to get up."They need to know this. It could help with the mission."
"Oh my god." I say thinking to myself.
"What's wrong? Fallon, don't keep this bottled up. The more you hold it in, the more it destroys you."
"I bet they would have taken anyone that day, I was just happened to be there. How convenient for them, but my team.... Oh god my team. They lose their lives and I get this." I said looking at Steve and then my hands. "A life of torture and science experiments."
"Don't do that to yourself Fallon." Steve said grabbing my hand. "You had no idea what was to come out of this, don't blame yourself. HYDRA is the monster here, we have to put a stop this."
"You're damn right." I said standing up quickly. "The sooner the rest of your team knows, the sooner we can get HYDRA. Let's go" I said running back to the shore and up the path towards the path at a faster than normal human pace.
"Fallon, easy." Steve said as he rushed to catch up with me. "This won't be the mystery clue into finding HYDRA again. We have to remember they are looking for you too. Whatever they planned on doing with a successful experiment could still happen to you."
"Let them come after me, I don't care. My team needs to be avenged." I said picking up my pace faster.
"Fallon stop!" Steve yelled grabbing me before I turned the path up the hill. "You have to think about this. You have to be rational, you can't just jump at the first hint of a chance to fight."
"Yes I can." I yank myself forcefully from Steve's grasp and start marching up the hill.
"Fallon" Steve started again. "I haven't known you very long. But I know you well enough to know that you wouldn't just charge in somewhere guns blazing to try and seek justice and get yourself killed."
A burning sensation took over me at Steve's words. I turned and faced him, eye to eye I began to speak. "Is that what you know? huh? You think you know me?!" I found myself starting to raise my voice at Steve. "You know nothing about me. What I've gone through. You know the story, but not what it felt like that day to see everyone around you, everyone you lead and they followed willingly die. You have no idea what that does to a person?"
Steve looked at me with a shocked expression, shifting his eyes from each of mine. My vision started to cloud with red and black spots as I looked at Steve. "What? What are you staring at?!?!" I yelled starting to shove Steve. "You think it's funny to stare at someone who is weird, who is different? I have news for you, I've been stared at for too long, now I can do this!" I say as I start to swing my fist at Steve.
Steve moved to block my fist from connecting with his jaw, I took him two hands to stop me, "Fallon" he said with concern in his eyes.
My vision started to clear as I looked into his ocean blue eyes. I relaxed my fist from hits form and slumped, suddenly tired from my outburst. Steve caught me by the torso before I could hit the ground. I grabbed his arms for support trying to clear my mind and process what I was about to do to Steve. "Steve" I looked up at him, "I'm so sorry... I don't know what came over me. I feel like I started to lose control."
"I understand Fallon, people can have tempers." Steve said as he let me stand on my own.
"No" I said. "I was starting to lose control of myself. It didn't feel like it was me controlling my body."
"How could that happen?" Steve asked, looking down at me quizzically.
"I don't know." I said running my hand over my face tiredly. I felt myself sway again as blackness filled my vision.