Chapter 2

Dinner at Hogwarts held a special place in my heart—it was more than just a meal, it was a cherished tradition where friends gathered to unwind and share their day amidst the grandeur of the Great Hall. As I settled into my usual spot between Amy and Natasha, the lively chatter of the Slytherin table enveloped me like a warm embrace, banishing the day's stresses with each passing moment.

Amy's infectious laughter bubbled forth, drawing an exasperated glare from Professor Malfoy, our head of house. She quickly composed herself, but the mischievous twinkle in her eye betrayed her amusement. Natasha, ever the conversationalist, seized the opportunity to steer the discussion towards Gryffindor's Quidditch team—a topic that never failed to elicit passionate opinions from our group.

"I believe we stand a real chance this year," Adam proclaimed with unwavering confidence, his position as Slytherin's Quidditch captain lending weight to his words. His leadership had guided our house to victory on numerous occasions, instilling in us a sense of pride and camaraderie that transcended the boundaries of the pitch.

Justin, Adam's loyal companion, chimed in with his own insights, sparking a spirited debate among our friends as they dissected the strengths and weaknesses of our rivals. Despite their fervent discussion, I found myself drifting into a world of my own, my thoughts consumed by the blank pages of my notebook and the promise of untold possibilities.

Fingers poised over the paper, I allowed my imagination to take flight, sketching shapes and forms that danced across the page like fleeting shadows. It was a form of escape, a refuge from the pressures of academia and the expectations that weighed heavy on my shoulders.

Lost in my creative reverie, I failed to notice the approach of an unexpected visitor until his voice cut through the din of conversation like a clarion call.

"Nice drawing," Teddy's voice, warm and familiar, washed over me like a gentle breeze, rousing me from my artistic trance.

Startled, I hastily concealed my work, a blush creeping into my cheeks at the thought of being caught in the act. "Oh, uh, thanks," I stammered, my heart racing in my chest as I met his gaze with a sheepish smile.

Taking a seat beside me, Teddy broached a surprising topic of conversation—one that caught me off guard and set my pulse racing with excitement. "I'm thinking of getting a tattoo," he announced, his eyes alight with anticipation. "And I want you to design it."

Surprised by his request, I felt a surge of nervous energy coursing through my veins. "Me? But I'm not exactly a professional..."

But Teddy waved off my protestations with a dismissive gesture, his confidence unwavering. "I trust you. Draw something for me, will you?"

With a nod of agreement, he departed as quickly as he had arrived, leaving me to grapple with the weight of his words and the unexpected opportunity that lay before me.

Returning my focus to the table, I found myself enveloped in the warmth of my friends' company once more, the vibrant energy of our conversation washing away any lingering doubts or insecurities. Natasha's inquisitive nature prompted her to inquire about Teddy's visit, but I offered only a vague response, reluctant to reveal the true nature of our interaction.

As the evening wore on and the conversation shifted to lighter topics, Amy's infectious enthusiasm at the mention of the latest album by My Potion Romance brought a smile to my lips and a sense of contentment to my heart. In that moment, surrounded by laughter and camaraderie, I knew that Hogwarts would always be more than just a school—it was a home, filled with memories and friendships that would last a lifetime.