t e n

April 10

"Um...I think we can paste this here." Nash dragged his fingers across the pad that moves the mouse on the computer screen. "So...do you like it?"

The blue-eyed boy showed off the display he's made for the project.

I nodded.

Speak.

Say something.

Shy bitch.

Nobody loves you.

Nobody gives a fuck about you.

I shivered and my eyes widened towards the floor.

"Sammy? Are you alright?" Nash asked.

A sharp pain traveled from my hands to all over my body. I let out a weak whimper and shut my eyes.

"Sammy! Say something." Nash rapidly tapped my arm to get me to speak.

I felt my face start to get warm.

"Mom! Get up here!" Nash ran out of the room to call his mother for help.

After a few moments, Nash's mother stood in front of me with tear welling up in her eyes.

"What's going on? What's happening?" Behind Elizabeth was a mirror. My face was as red as a tomato. My veins started to pop out of my arms.

Elizabeth started to murmur short prayers.

"Should I call her mom?" Nash paced around the room to find his cellphone.

Elizabeth nodded and continued chanting.

*5:20 pm

"Thank you so much for calling me. I don't know what I would've done if I found out my little Sammy wasn't with me anymore." Mother faked her kindness and sorrow.

"I'm just glad she's fine." Elizabeth smiled.

"Yeah." Nash mumbled.

My mom brushed a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Well, we better be heading out. Thank you, again, for saving my princesse's life."

The Grier family waved goodbye as mother and I hopped into the car.

She drove away. The ride was left with silence.

"Don't ever embarrass me like that ever again." Mother finally spoke the words I was expecting. "That was so humiliating. What do you want? That boy to like you? Let me tell you..." Mother concentrated as she made a sharp turn. "...He's never gonna love you so stop trying to grab his attention."

I lost my breath as I was on the verge of tears.