f o u r

April 4

"Mama, can I go to somebody's house for a project?" I asked. She turned around from her seat on the couch and looked at me.

"Do you really think I care where you go?" I walked to the front door and picked up my black vans backpack.

The outside was quieter than the inside of my house. Until they came.

Where do you think you're going, whore?

Huh, slut?

I ignored them and took out a piece of paper from my bag. Nash's directions were written.  The handwriting looked like it was rushed. Probably because he was in a hurry to get away from me.

The walk was quiet. There wasn't even a single bird chirping. No cars driving by.

Ding dong.

I rang the door bell of the gigantic house. The tall boy with blue eyes opened the front door and forced a smile. "Hey...Sammy. You want to come in?" He made room for me to enter.

I stepped into the toasty house and took my shoes off by the door.

"We can go upstairs if you want." Nash motioned his hand up the staircase. I quietly walked up the stairs and stood awkwardly in the large hall.

Nash stepped in front of me and opened a bedroom door. "Welcome to my man cave." The room smelled of cologne and dirty clothes. "I'm sorry it's messy. My mom didn't have time to clean since she was at the orphanage this whole week."

Stop being so awkward.

You can talk can't you?

You're probably afraid of your hideous voice.

I know that's why you won't talk.

"So...*cough*...what's this project about?" Nash asked and rubbed the back of his neck. I laid my book bag down on his mattress and slipped a paper out of my health folder.

I held it out and he took it. "Okay. This seems simple. We just have to pretend we have a child together." Nash looked at me and weakly smiled. "How do we get a child?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Okay, I'm getting really pissed off with all of this silent shit. You need to speak." The blue eyed boy suddenly snapped and made me jump.

I nodded and took out a journal from my backpack. I held up the journal in front of my face so Nash wouldn't see anything inside of it and slowly flipped through the pages. "Can you hurry up?" Nash raised his voice.

The tone frightened me and I dropped my journal, revealing a recent drawing.

"Damn." Nash mumbled as he picked up the drawing for me. "Did you draw this?" He stared at me with disbelief. I nodded.

It's time to speak.

You can't speak, you shy slut.

"I like to draw things. I draw what I don't have." I say with a slight frown.

Nash seemed confused. "What does that mean? Things you don't have?"

"See, look," I pointed at the girl in the picture. "She looks peaceful. I want to live in peace."

"She looks well rested. I cannot sleep threw a night without thinking of how great my life could have been."

"She has beauty. All I want is beauty. Then people would accept me." I looked at Nash and he was staring at me. 

"You have that last o-" Nash stopped himself from his sentence "um-let's get started." Nash coughed and let go of my journal.