Saved (Papyrus x reader)

(Name) didn't have the best time in the Underground. She took the challenge to climb Mt. Ebott, but wasn't watching where she stepped and plummeted into the Underground, landing on a patch of plush golden flowers.

Not running into Flowey was impossible; he was quite noticeable. However, (Name) could tell the ominous flower wasn't actually helpful, and she fled. She later ran into Toriel, who took her in and cared for her like a mother, teaching her the merciful ways of the Ruins.

Leaving was never on (Name)'s mind. In fact, she loved her new home so much, she forgot about her Surface life and what she was taught. She showed Toriel her biggest secret: the old staff she had fallen down with had contained a power rarely found on the Surface—magic.

Toriel didn't throw (Name) out (unlike what she thought), but other monsters thought different. Word got out, and they became afraid of an already-stronger human with magic. Fear overtaking them, they waited for Toriel to leave before they drove the young girl out into Snowdin's woods.

Now here (Name) sat, freezing and shivering, holding a mug of hot chocolate in her trembling grasp. The blanket she was wrapped in wasn't helping, but the warm drink made her feel much better. She leaned back, feeling at home—although she knew her home was on the other side of the door that she could never re-enter.

Suddenly, the door from the kitchen flew open, revealing the taller (albeit younger) skeleton brother.

"(NAME)!" He shouted as he walked up to you. "I AM GOING OFF TO CAPTURE THE HUMAN, FRISK! WILL YOU BE OKAY ALONE?"

(Name) nodded. "Good luck," She said as he proudly sauntered out the door into the cold environment of Snowdin.

Hours passed. (Name)'s mug was empty, and she grew more and more worried. Papyrus wasn't home yet, and she immediately began to fear the worst, but she waited. When half an hour more had passed, she couldn't take it. She stood up, grabbed her coat, and stormed out the door. Sans was at "work", so (Name didn't worry about him looking for her.

The cold was painful as (Name) pushed against a breeze, heading to the edge of Snowdin town. There, a blizzard arose, making (Name)'s eyes begin to prick with the unbearable temperature. But she pressed on still, eventually seeing two silhouettes and running joyously towards them.

No. This wasn't that (Name) expected. Frisk stood high over Papyrus, their hand, covered by the Tough Glove, getting ready to pound onto his skull. Frisk couldn't be doing this; they've been said to be merciful. Unless...

It couldn't be. Chara had her soul extracted long ago; she couldn't have possessed innocent little Frisk. Chara was the only one murderous enough, the only one dangerous enough to kill Papyrus, though, so it was the only possible explanation.

(Name) watched as "Frisk" rose her hand higher, and she broke. She sprinted towards the murderer and stepped between the fight. She pulled out her brazen staff and pointed it at Chara. If she was unforgiving and merciless, then (Name) would be too.

With a violent, circular swing of the staff, a red glow emitted and struck Chara in their Soul, knocking them out in the crisp, porcelain white snow. (Name) looked at the child with tears in her eyes, but quickly wiped them away. Now wasn't the time to be mourning, especially over a potential killer.

Picking up and carrying Papyrus home didn't prove to be much of a challenge; he was only a skeleton, after all. (Name) ran into the warmth of the building, loving the relief. She carried the monster on her back into his room, setting him on his child-like racecar bed. She gave him a few blankets in hopes of him waking up and cautiously descended down the short flight of stairs.

More time had passed than (Name) would have liked. She prepared dinner and some more hot chocolate and began to wait. Sans came home, and still Papyrus wasn't awake. Dinner ran cold, and he still slept. It was making her nervous and fidgety, but she waited.

Jumping up was hard to resist as (Name) saw Papyrus stumbling down the stairs. She was relieved to see her friend awake and alive after such a traumatizing experience as the one she had witnessed. She warmed up dinner and chatted happily with him until he began to feel drowsy again.

Still not wanting to leave Papyrus alone in fear of the worst, (Name) set her mug down and walked with him up the stairs. She sat and helped him get situated for sleep as she grabbed his favourite book off the shelf. She read to him until he began to doze off and slip into his own mind.

(Name) smiled and put the book up, silently leaving the room to go and sit by the Ruin doors with her jackets and blankets, in hopes of getting a response from her mother on the other side of the exit.