But She Didn't (Sans x Genocidal!Reader)

Sans watched as (Name) strolled out of the Ruins for the fifth time, equipped with her childish Toy Knife and adorable Faded Ribbon. Her resets he loved; he loved to relive every moment he had with her, laugh every laugh again, cry every tear again. He loved just being with her, even down in this eternally looping snowy prison.

This was the same. Sans lurked in the shadows and trees, snapping a twig, but hotly pursuing (Name), for old times' sake. He watched her turn and stare at where he had been for mere seconds, watched her approach the barred bridge where they always meet. He expected her to turn and shake his hand, to hear the sound, to giggle like an immature child.

But she didn't.

(Name) stood there. Her dull (e/c) stare bore through Sans. She stood, cold, motionless, soundless. Sans waited for her to laugh, waited for her to smile, waited for her to even emote in the slightest. Anger, fear, ferocity, sadness, cheer, even hatred, he'd take it. He wanted her to still show some feelings.

But she didn't.

The howling wind and creaking bridge were the only sounds as (Name) turned and left. Sans was dumbstruck, jaw slack, as he watched his best friend, no, love, ignore him as she continued through Snowdin's woods. He watched her see his brother, and hoped she'd smile at his antics.

But she didn't.

No. This wasn't the (Name) Sans had learnt to love; this was an emotionless fake. (Name) would smile, laugh, and joke over trivial subjects, not carelessly stride away. If the old (Name) was still in there, he'd bring her back, no matter what.

It wasn't as easy as he'd thought. (Name) was farther away from the surface than he'd thought. His intense gaze burnt through the back of (Name)'s skull as she encountered a monster: Snowdrake. Sans observed and waited for her to talk to him until he gave up fighting, expected her to give him mercy as soon as she could.

But she didn't.

The Toy Knife was difficult to look at as it slashed down upon Snowdrake, eliminating him immediately with one stroke. Sans' eye sockets welled up with tears as Snowdrake turned to a grey powder. (Name) was too far in. She harmed a monster. There was no way she could come back without a reset.

They were all dead. Monsters' dust trailed with footprints imbedded in them. Everyone in Snowdin was scared. The residents fled to their homes, curled up in fear. (Name) entered the shop and looked at the empty counter. She stared and smirked. Without a second thought, she grabbed the Manly Bandanna and the Tough glove, but not leaving before he stole some Cinnamon Bunnies and a nice stack of gold.

The time had come, and Sans' bones trembled. (Name) sauntered into the blizzard, walking and walking until Papyrus confronted her. Sans swore as Papyrus opened his arms for (Name) to hug him. He wished and hoped with everything in him that she'd spare his brother, accept his hug.

But she didn't.

Papyrus had let his guard down. Consequences were quick and sharp. (Name) threw a powerful punch, one Papyrus couldn't dodge. With that one hit, Papyrus' SOUL shattered, and Sans swore vengeance, even if it meant killing his love.

Mere days had passed, and (Name) stood firm in the Final Corridor, Real Knife in hand and Heart Locket beating as she stared at Sans. The fight was rough. (Name) died and died and died, and Sans began to feel immense regret. He'd spare her, he'd bring his (Name) back. His arms were open wide and (Name) couldn't tear her eyes away. It was tempting, yes, but she couldn't accept.

She lunged. Sans quickly dodged, his SOUL weighing in him. She wasn't there. (Name) was gone. This monster was what was feared.

"*Welp. *It was worth a shot." Sans remorsefully said as he launched and attack, one (Name) couldn't escape. She died once more, and Sans stood. He waited, waiting for her to load back up, to return.

But she didn't.