[Part 4]- Performance

"When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades" Jamie starts with his soft but yet strong voice.
"And this crowd won't remember my name" I look up smiling at all the people, as Ed always does, and i saw that people are looking at me. I can't see what they are thinking but i can see that everyone is looking surprised. I wonder if in a good or bad way. It can be either actually.
"When my haaaands don't play the strings the same way" Jamie continues.
I can't stop listening to his voice. It's like laying on the beach, looking at the sky, seeing sun and few clouds, hearing waves rolling on the surface of sea, feeling sand under all your body. Your feet are cold because you dug them in sand. Sometimes warm water gently touches the side of your body. You feel relaxed. You feel well rested. You feel like nothing bad is happening. You feel safe. You are alone but you feel like in the arms of your true love. That's how i feel right now. Jamie's voice makes me feel like this. Especially now, when i hear it live, coming from my side and singing with me.
"I know you will still love me the same" we sing it together and leave the phrase hanging. Now i can see that people are impressed by my voice. I don't really know if i'm happy about it but i guess i should enjoy the moment.
I spot my classmates' faces and i can see that they're not happy with it. Their faces are filled with hate and jealousy. The loser of a class is singing on the stage, with Jamie and everyone is enjoying it. Why shouldn't they hate me? It probably will never happen to them. It was the first time they heard me singing. I never do that in public. Never. It's the first time ever and even Jamie seems to like it. I guess, i should be proud of myself. But apparantly, I'm not.
We sing together the rest of the song and i started feeling comfortable singing in front of about 200 people. Jamie is smiling and it is making my smile come out too.
"And baby" he sings those two words so softly and beautifully that my smile stretches and becomes really big.
"We found love right where we are" we end this together and let the last note to last long. We look into eachother eyes and i can see that Jamie is really really happy about today.
We end the song and audience burst into applause. Jamie looks at me again, smiles and leans to the mic.
"Thank you all and also, thanks amazing Ashley for helping me out a bit" he says.
Im trying so hard not to fangirl. I just smile, look to the people and wonder what should i do right now.
"Let's go" Jamie whispers, like he has just read my mind, and waves his hand, asking me to come with him.
I follow him. We got off the stage, where all his crew started greeting him and me with a successful performance. I smile and thank everyone who says something nice to me. I'm not used to that much compliments, so i feel how my cheeks are burning.
When there were no people, we stopped, Jamie turned around, looked at my appearance and smiled.
"You like Ed, huh?" he laughed.
"Yeah but you know, it's more like, uhm, i'm obssesed" I said giggling.
"I see" he couldn't stop laughing. "I have an offer to you. But first of all i have to call someone about it."
He winked and went a little bit further.