CHAPTER 2

MARIA'S P.O.V

"TRINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG" rang my alarm clock that mom bought me when I was five. Realizing that the alarm had been ringing for quite a long time, I was running out of time and that it was the day of my new job, I flomped from bed and dragged towards the bathroom. In a woosh and a swish, I got into my neatly ironed blue and white formals and got out of the house. I got out from the back door. It made it easier to get to the bus stop through the back lane. Even though it was cold outside, it didn't show. Everyone was dressed casually and it was drizzling! ah! the scent of the ground when the soil mixes with the raindrops. It was cool a weather today, breezes swaying past the faces.

That's when it caught my eyes, there he was, brightly dressed in gray and black. The same man I had noticed yesterday. I don't think he noticed me, yesterday nor today. I preferably don't think he noticed me. We'll I got other things to smoke my mind up with.

I stood there staring at the mother drag her to he bus stop from the pavement. The kids were quite privileged. They got down from a rover, with an appointed driver in an uniform and a good looking young mother with a lot of branded jewelry swung around her neck . Well we could say she's quite the youth.

Well today's somewhat special. Is my first day at job. I went up to my table and set up my small desk. With heaps of dust, I finally managed o get it clean. It can clearly be seen that no one has been here in a long time and that the place needs a bit of maintenance and cleaning.

*****************************************************************************

I sat in the office, welcomed by a few and ignored by most. I sat down near my desk and promptly stuck a picture of mom, Annalise and me on the top shelf. Its quite old and reminds me of most of the time we three used to spend when we were young. How happy we were until..." hey! welcome to the new crew!!..".."hey..!.thanks"!...