Chapter 5

Sorry for such a late update. Was caught up with my exams. First Amourshipping moment coming up very soon. Furthermore, Ikarishipping has been decided by voters choice. Well mine too. Also, this is not one of those books where everyone get paired up with somebody or the other at the end. It's gonna be a series and it may take time for ships. So don't kill me if you don't get AshxSerena at the end. But Ikari coming up soon. xD
PS thanks for the 250 views. :)

Serena's POV

"Forget it Iris. We gotta move or we are gonna get late." I say. We quickly grab whatever we need from the cabins and trudge towards the building. We reach on time. Professor Sycamore was just coming. He came up on the stage and told us that the theme for this week would be evolution.

"We will be learning about Pokemon evolution this week. We will have different activities and stuff this week, and a special activity with a prize during the weekend." He says.

I like prizes so I better pay attention, I think.

"As you know Professor Oak will be assisting me. " Professor Oak calls Ash and Gary to the stage. I felt a slight tug at my wrist. I didn't realise. I was holding hands with Ash all this time. I feel my face burn up. His cheeks were red too. He was looking at me. I too for some reason didn't let go and neither did he tug again. Gary then just butted in," Okay, lovebirds. Hold hands and stare at each other later. We gotta go now." He then clamped our hands apart and dragged Ash. He seemed to have regained his senses now. I was blushing like anything.

"Serena,you look pink!" Dawn teased.

I was not in the mood for this. I looked up. Professor Oak asks Gary to let out a fully evolved Pokemon from his party and asks Ash to let out a Pokemon who hasn't.

Ash let's out his Buizel again and while Gary brings out a Scizor.

"As you can see, Scizor is Gary's Pokemon. Scizor evolved from Scyther by trade, which has to happen holding metal coat, an item required for evolution. This is the reason Scizor is part Steel type whereas Scyther is a complete Bug type."

"Now have a look at Ash's Buizel. It evolves into Floatzel. It hasn't evolved yet, unlike Gary's Scizor which is in its full evolved stage.

So now you can understand that Pokemon evolution is a means through which a Pokemon reaches certain abilities and maturities when it becomes of a certain level.

Some Pokemon have 3 evolution stages whereas some don't even evolve. There are some Pokemon which evolve into different Pokemon. Like a Gardevoir and a Gallade. Both of them evolve from the very same Pokemon, yet they have different abilities."

Ash's POV

While Professor Oak was explaining I was looking at Serena. She caught me looking and I quickly jerked my neck the other way. I peeped-she was blushing. I just can't figure it out. Why the heck couldn't I leave her hand!

A hand then waved in front of me and I jumped back.

"Hey Ash I called you three times! He needs your Sceptile!"

I quickly let Sceptile out and Professor Oak droned on about its abilities. All I knew was that Sceptile could knock out almost anything in battle and that was good enough for me.

Finally the lesson was over. I thought it wouldn't end. Gary and I went down to the rest. Gary then pulled me apart and said," Ashy boyyy, Serena is mine. So lay off. And yeah Dawn too. You can take once I get MY pick outta them."

I don't believe it. We slept together for just a night-wait as in we were in the same cabin and Gary is already hitting on em. I can't believe him.

Serena's POV

Ash is cute. And cool. And smart. And his hair looks so wild. Oh man, his voice. Wait a sec! Why just am I thinking this way?!

He and Gary then join us. I put my thoughts aside as Professor Sycamore comes up and says," Thank you for that superb lecture! Now activity time. All of you have to go and befriend a Pokemon who has two evolving capacities like Gardevoir and Gallade and convince it to elolve into the one you prefer. You are not requested to catch the Pokemon, but if you do, you have to give some sort of proof that it want in your party from before and you just caught it. Now happy hunting! Also a video of it evolving is compulsory. 5 points to the first team back, 3 to the second, and 1 to the third."

Alright! This was something we could do. The first thing was to identify where we would look.

"The forest is the best place. Lots of Pokemon there. We might find what we need. Let's go!" Says Gary.

I must agree, a very sensible idea. For some reason though, Ash didn't look pretty happy with Gary. We split. I think Gary is pretty cool too. He knows a lot about Pokemon so we might win this thing with his help. Also he beat Paul pretty quick so he must be good. I decide to think about this later as we head towards the forest. We get a glimpse of Misty and their group diving into the water near the skiff area. The dark forest loomed ahead of us. I felt a little scared and decided to call out Fennekin. But I feel a hand wrap around mine as I turn to see Ash. He has a cute smile on his face. He shrugs and I feel blush on my face.

"Ashy boy, I'm pretty sure you remember my instructions."
What is he talking about? I wonder.
We proceed into the forest.