Chapter 4- Lost... In school?!

Karen's P.O.V

"Karen wake up! You're going to be late for your first day if school!" My mom yells. Even though she was downstairs she was loud enough to think she was right next to you, yelling in your ear.

I wonder what the neighbors thought.

I let out a groan and just lay there in the comfort of my cozy bed. When my mom yells again I let out another groan and get up.

I walk into my bathroom and put on my make up (pencil liner, liquid liner, mascara) and brush my teeth and hair. I check the time to see if I had time to curl my hair. My alarm clock read 7:06 a.m., so I heat up my curling iron while I spray heat protectant on my hair and looked for and outfit.

I end up picking dark wash skinny jeans, purple vans, a grey aero t-shirt, and my black sweater. It was perfect for the fall weather since it was late September.

I curl my hair in loose curls and go downstairs. As soon as I reach the last step the smell of cinnamon wafts in my nose automatically making my mouth water.

"Karen sit down before your sisters finish eating all if the pancakes." My mom orders.

I nod my head and sit down next to my little sister Jocelyn.

"Karen look at my lips." She said.

I bite my french toast before looking at her lips. My eyes widen when I look at her very pink and shiny, gooey lips.

"Did you take my baby pink lip gloss?!" I practically scream.

She let's out a giggle before nodding her head. I have been looking for that lip gloss since we moved here.

"Why, you little b-"

"Swearing is not permitted in this house young lady!" My mom scolds.

Jocelyn throws me a sickly sweet smile and continues eating her pancakes. For a 7 year old she is way too evil.

"But-"

"No buts young lady." She warns

Ah yes, the swear jar or as I like to call it, the money taker. My parents -but mostly my mother- hate swearing or inappropriate language. So every time we have a "potty mouth" my parents make us put in money in the jar. To make the swear jar even more stupid, the rule of no swearing in this house hold applied to everyone else. Which meant Faith, Julie, Lilly, and their siblings could not swear in this house or else they would loose their precious dough.

I finish my pancakes and place my dishes on the sink. I walk into the living room and lay down on the love seat. My little sister Lucy was sitting down watching Spongebob, so I sat I got up and pulled her on my lap.

Just when I was getting into the show Faith barged in like always. She was wearing her Led Zeppelin shirt with her faded shorts, with black leggings and her very dirty and beat up converse. Her hair was straight and stopped below her elbow.

"Hello Maria! Hi Lucy! Hi Jocelyn!" She said as she pinched Lucy's chubby cheeks.

"Hey you." She said as she lay down in our biggest couch.

We sit down and watch some Spongebob for a couple of minutes.

"What time is it?" She asked.

I look at my phone and it read 8:12a.m.

"It's 8:12."

Faith nodded before dragging me away. "Bye guys! We're off to school."

"You girls know your way right?" My mom asks.