Blood... The Essence of Life

******Hey guys here's an update, it's not very long but hey it's an update. Hope you guys enjoy it. Vote, comment, fan!**************

Chapter 7: Blood… The Essence of Life

                As I pulled my sleeve up, I grabbed the rusty kitchen knife I hid under the earth in the forest and pressed the blade to my skin. The cool feel of the metal against my warm tan skin already felt amazing. But it wasn’t enough. I pressed the blade harder against my skin and pulled down. The blade bit deep into my skin and blood began spilling out. I did the same things thirty times on each of my arms till I felt the pain ease away. I hid the knife again and walked out into the lake. I tried not to remember Lizzie and all the fun times we had. I just got rid of the pain; I didn’t want to bring up all those memories.  Life was hard enough with.

                I laid down in the lake, floating on the top, letting the blood run into its depths. My ancestor’s blood probably was spilled here as well, fitting that I should add to it. After a couple of minutes of lying there, the sun began to set and James would be wondering where I was, and I would probably get the shit beat out of me. Sighing, I stood up and trudged my way up the little dirt path, shook myself dry then ran back home.

“You’re just in time Adren.” Shasta said plopping down on the couch.

“Good.” I said running up to my room and grabbed a jacket to hide my cut marks, then went back down to the kitchen and began making Navajo tacos.

                When I was done, James let me eat some also; he was in a good mood because he had impregnated my mother for the millionth time. Joy. After dinner, I escaped to my room to attempt to do homework, but I ended up passing out on the floor.

                When I woke up the next morning Chase was staring at me.

“Whoa dude!” I said flinching away from his closeness.

“Good morning dog breath.” He smiled jokeningly.

“Chase, what did I tell you about coming in and waking me up?” I growled.

“That I should let you sleep. Yes. Yes. I know. But if you don’t wake up now, you’ll be late for school.” He said in an all too happy voice. I groaned. School. Though it was a sort of nice escape from the nightmares here.

“Okay, okay. I’m getting up.” I said changing into a different shirt and jacket.

“Adren! Did you cut again?!” Chase asked in a half scolding and half surprised voice.

“Shh! Don’t sound so surprised. It’s better than doing drugs right?”

“Um… I guess.” Had to put that on my list of things to do….

“Okay come on lets go to school.” I said grabbing my bag and his arm.