Chapter 5

They got the stereo and put in a CD. While James was changing the song Mary grabbed cases of beer, and pulled out a bottle, throwing one to Edward, her brother, Arno, Connor, and then, to us. We looked at it. She walked up to us and said "Not your first time drinking? Is it?" I had actually been pretty good at bartending for parties, so I knew how to mix a drink, but not really beer. "Not my first time, but I don't always do it." I said. "Well neither do we, only in detention." She said, and then winked because they were never not here. I cracked it and started drinking.

A few bottles later, we were all drunk, but Me, Becs, and Shaun only had one, not changing things for us. "We're sorry about earlier, we just got pissed." James said with Mary under his arm. "It's fine, I'm just bitchy at times." Evie said as her and Mary went in for a hug. "I love you." Evie said stroking Mary's head. "I love you too, Evie." Mary said. "But let's not dwell. James! Come here. Put on some music." Mary said. "Which one." He asked. They walked to the stereo together.

A few moments later, Mary and James chose a song, and we're lip synching to it. "Because the drugs never work, they gonna give you a smirk, cause they got methods of keeping you clean. They gonna rip up your heads, your aspirations to shreds, another cog in the murder machine!" They were now singing, it sounded decent actually, even for them being piss drunk. Edward ran up to her and James, while pretty much everyone did. They all knew this. The song came to a part with drums and singing, and that's when they all had their arms over the other in a straight line. Mary took place as the lead singer, and in other parts everyone joined in. It was just me and Shaun cause Becs ran up too. "Fuck it. Let's have a grand time." Shaun said dragging me to the front, and we took a place.

The music started up again. "All together now!" Mary and James yelled. "TEENAGERS SCARE, THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME! THEY COULD CARE LESS, AS LONG AS SOMEONE'LL BLEED! SO DARKEN YOUR CLOTHES! OR STRIKE A VIOLENT POSE, MAYBE THEY'LL LEAVE YOU ALONE, BUT NOT ME!" We all sang this a few times. Then James changed the song again. The boy twins took turns singing, and the girls twins stood in front of them, singing alternating verses. "Mama we all go to Hell. Mama we all go to Hell. I'm writing this letter, and wishing you well. Mama we all go to Hell." They were fun drunk or sober, I loved this. Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing after all. "AND WHEN WE GO DON'T BLAME US! WE'LL LET THE FIRE JUST BATHE US! YOU MADE US OH SO FAMOUS, WE'LL NEVER, LET YOU GOOOO!" They sang together. They continued with the girls talking to the boys, because this song was like a conversation between a mother and son. "When you go don't return to me my love, That's right..." Evie and Mary sang. They opened more bottles and started drinking while singing. "2,3,4!" They were throwing bottles. Then the girls took over singing softly, "And if you would call me, your sweet heart, I'd maybe then sing you a song..." It was nice cause it sounded like it was meant to be sang with that accent. "BUT THE SHIT THAT IVE DONE WITH THIS FUCK OF A GUN, YOU WOULD CRY OUT YOUR EYES ALL AT..." The boys finished. I was into this, then every one stood up to sing. "WERE DAMNED, AFTER ALL! THROUGH FORTUNE AND FLAME WE FALL! We finished the song, and I think that it was the most fun we'd had. Ever.