Chapter 8: Unsaid

Author's Note: An extra long chapter, because I haven't updated in forever :).   

Bruno's POV

"Fuck..." I mumbled after my eyes rolled over the title of the front page.

Bruno Mars saves girlfriend's life.

So that's how they found out that I was in the hospital. And what the girl in the elevator was talking about. Somebody from the paps must have heard about the ambulance and the cops at the restaurant and interviewed someone that saw the raid happen.

"Angelina's gonna be pissed. Or she's gonna freak out," I glanced at the guys while rubbing my chin. "She's really shy and gets uncomfortable with too many people or too much attention, I guess." I jerked my shoulders.

Then I felt my phone shaking in the pocket. I quickly got it out of my pants and looked at the display. Blocked number, it said.

"Hang on a sec," I said to the boys and I walked over to the hallway to pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Good day, is this Peter Hernandez?" an unfamiliar deep voice asked.

"Yeah... " I slowly answered. "and who are you?"

"Well, I'm mr. Brown, from the police. I've got some news about the investigation of last night's crime."

Shit, totally forgot about the whole investigation. "Did you arrested him? Is he going to jail?"

"About that..." The cherrif said after letting go a deep breath.

"He escaped."

"... What do you mean, 'escaped'?" My voice cracked.

"When you and miss Hill went to the hospital in the ambulance, we brought the man to the police office. We asked him some questions and put him in prison for some days, until court. But as soon as we opened his cell the next morning, he was... gone."

"Gone? Just gone?"

"We are really sorry and we are currently searc-"

I cut off the call before he could finish his sentence. I went to the room again in a hurry and told the boys about the call.

*

"Shit..." Phil swore in a whisper after I finished the story.

I was still standing next to the bed. He looked at me, and his eyes were searching for something helpful to say to me. The words were on the tip of his tongue when Ryan said "Well, we're heading to LA tomorrow anyways, so that asshole will probably not come after you for revenge."

My mouth fell open and my eyes became bigger as I realized what Ryan just said.

We're leaving.

Tomorrow.

To home.

To the studio.

To the other side of the country.

"Bruno? Helloooo?" Jamareo waved his hand in front of my face. "You look like you just seen a ghost." 

I shook my head and awoke from my dreams. Or nightmares. I don't even know. The only thing I did know was that I had to see Angelina before leaving New York and probably never seeing her again. Maybe I'll see her on the next tour, somewhere in the crowd... If she didn't forgot me by then.

*

It was 6:13PM, I already had packed everything for tomorrow and I'm now on my way to Angelina to tell her goodbye. I texted her earlier that I wanted to talk. Some people in the hotel knew I was staying there, so some fans bumped me up in the lobby. I took some pictures, wrote out a few autographs and had a little chat with 'em.