Chapter 3: Leisurely Day

I woke up to Shizen screaming something about blood on her shirt. Groaning, I grabbed a pillow and went into her bathroom and threw it at her.
"Would you calm down? I stain won't kill you for a day. After school we can go buy you some stronger detergent." I said tiredly. She nodded.
I walked back into my room and put on my clothes, making sure the strings on my hoodie were symmetrical or else Shizen would have a cow. I went into the kitchen an made some toast, popping it in my mouth before Shizen called out, "You ready Maya?"
"Yep," I said as I followed her out the door.
Once we got to the school, we met the rest of the gang at the front entrance. The lessons were pretty boring. Another dissection. Stitch is such a creep. I made small talk with Soul and Shizen when he wasn't looking but other than that, it was a pretty boring day. I ran home after school to change. I heard there was a basketball court a little away from the school so I felt like shooting some hoops. I changed my skirt and boots into shorts and tennis shoes but I kept my hoodie on. I took down my hair out of the bun and brushed it before putting it back up in a pony tail. I grabbed my basketball and ran back out the door and towards the court. Shizen was taking extra classes today so I didn't have to wait up.
When I got to the court, I dropped a towel by the bench for when I got all sweaty. 'This is a nice looking court,' I thought with a smile. 'I'm surprised it's so empty.' I shot my ball from half court and made a basket. 'Good start.
After about thirty minutes of shooting, I took a break and sat on the bench. I wiped the sweat off my forehead with the towel I brought. 'Damn. I wish I brought a water,' I thought. I closed my eyes and rested my head on my arms. When I reopened them, there was a bottle of water in front of my face. I looked up and Soul was standing there holding it out to me.
"Here, you look thirsty." He said. I took the water with a smile.
"Thanks. What brings you here?" I asked opening the bottle.
"Same reason you are. Felt like shooting." He replied. I took a swig of the water before answering. "You play?"
"All the time. It's either this or riding my motorcycle." He replied.
"That's sounds cool. I've never been on a motorcycle before."
"Hmm. I might have to take you out for a spin." He said with a toothy grin.
"M-maybe another time.."
"Alright. Want to play a game? One on one." He said. Hearing this, I smirked slightly. "You're on,"
We started the game and surprisingly enough it lasted quite a while. The ending score was 15 to 12 with Soul winning.
"Dang it!" I said.
"Ha! I guess I'm just cooler than you." He replied. I frowned and hit him on the head with my balled fist. "Shut up Sharky," I said.
"Ow!" He said rubbing his head.
"I'll beat you eventually." I said.
"Ha! In your dreams!"