Chapter 6: A Date?

I sat in the waiting room waiting for Soul and Maka to arrive at the pizza parlor. I looked down in boredom to find that one of the buckles on my boots had somehow come undone. 'How long has that been like that?' I fixed the buckle and heard the door open. I looked up to see Soul standing at the door looking around the restaurant. I stood and walked over to him.
"Hey," he greeted. "Where's Shizen?"
"She wasn't feeling well so she decided not to go." I responded.
"Hmm. Neither was Maka. Oh well, I guess that means we get a night to ourselves." 'Is that a smirk?'
"Guess so,"
The waitress of the parlor can up to us and smiled. "How many?"
"Two please," Soul answered. She nodded and led us to a table toward the back. After we sat down, she looked from me to Soul. "Are you on a date?"
My face turned pink ad I looked at Soul. "Uhm..."
"I guess you could call it that." He answered with a grin.
Later after dinner, Soul got the idea to go to an arcade so we headed there next. I immediately ran over to the pacman game. After about an hour of arcade games, Soul called me over to the only game we haven't played yet; the car racing one. He sat down in one and I sat in the other. "Whoever wins gets a prize of their choosing. Kay?" I asked. 'I don't know what I want yet though...'
"Sure. You're on!" He said with a grin.
I was in the lead for most of the race and I was approaching the finish line fast. "Yes yes yes!" I said as I neared it. 'Just one more turn!'
That was it. That one turn cost me the race. I didn't turn sharply enough so my car hit the wall. Soul's car on the other hand turned perfectly and he sped in front crossing the finish line two seconds before I did. "Dang it!" I yelled. "Haha!" I heard Soul laugh.  We stood from our seats and looked at each other.
"So what's my prize, Maya?" He asked with a grin.
"What do you want? A crown?" I asked kind of salty about losing.
"Mm, nah. I was thinking more along the lines of...you." He said.
"W-what?"
"I want you, Maya. Be my girlfriend. After all, a super cool guy like me needs a beautifully cool girl like you by his side, right?" He asked taking my hands. I looked down at my hands then back up to his face and smiled. My face had quickly changed from pale to red as I did so.
"Yes." I said. That was all that was needed to be said. Soul's grin widened and he put his arms around me in a hug that I gladly returned. He released me and took my hand in his, intertwining our fingers. We started walking down the sidewalk together cutting up and laughing. I looked across the street to see Kid and Shizen. I was kind of shocked. Shizen was in a black and white dress and currently had her arms wrapped around his. She smiled gently and I returned the gesture before continuing our route home.

Sorry this one's so short. Hope you like it though!!! <3