Chapter 20

"Thank you all for meeting with me to discuss the war" I called them all last night. First Rosie. Then Calumbo's brother, Chester. Then finally Artemis and Miki (pronounced Mekey). And Neva was already here. "I have set a date. The 6th of August. We have 3 months to train and get safe houses built. We will all meet here on the 1st of August with our armies. If some leaders wish, they may train other packs and herds to help us fight her. No one is to be forced into fighting. You may encourage." I let my final words soak in "Any questions?" No one dared speak. "Oh and I will be calling by in a months time to check on preparations" And with that I walked out taking the folder with me.
I stood by the front door thanking the leaders. A solid expression fixed across my face. Nodding as they left one by one. I stopped Rosie before she left. "If you wish to train above ground you may. My herd borders are beside yours. You may use our land to train. We have lots of space." I ended with a smile. She smiled back "You may have been gone for just about 12 years, but you are still our official lead mare." She bowed "Moon Goddess don't tell me my friend is bowing." She raised back up "I will officially make you, your own herds lead mare before the month is over. But if something happens to me during this war I wish for you to join this herd with yours. I have talked to Soul. She would be happy to give up the herd." She looked shocked. "You mean it?" I nodded happy that the remainder of my parents herd was safe with Rosie.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time laps: 1 month later

The remainder of the ashes where I burned my parents bodies was gone. It's not surprising seeing as the wind tends to get strong around here. There was already a podium set up. "Hey Rosie" We had been talking a lot over the phone and decided that I would move on in two days. Today I was appointing Rosie to Lead Mare of the BlackNight Herd. Or what's left of it anyway. Tomorrow I would be assessing the herds fitness and training. I have to change. It is tradition when passing on the herd leader title that you wear a white suit or dress, and the person receiving the title dresses in red. Also the whole herd must be at the ceremony. Except the ones on patrol. And finally the ceremony must take place outside.
                I bought my dress a week before I left for here. It was very simple. It had a sweetheart neckline but all my cleavage was covered by a lacy almost aztec white design. There was a flashy diamonte  belt around my waistline. The skirt was draped down like a white silk waterfall. It was a truly beautiful, magnificent dress. Rosie bought a new dress too. It was a bright rose red. There was a dropped neckline but no cleavage was shown either. Lace covered from dress to neck with a hell load of jewels and gems. The top of the dress looked like the fabric overlapped itself and the skirt was just as magnificent as mine. She didn't apply much make up. She had winged eyeliner and red matte lipstick. I went for a 'go big or go home' look. I over lined my eyes in black eyeliner creating a small wing on either side of my eye. The upper wing had a cool brown faded into it, which eventually faded into a shining bright silver. How? I do not know. I ended the eyes with lining the bottom of both wings in a white liner. I finished up the look with some black lipstick that says 'SASSY BITCH! MOVE OUT OF THE WAY FOR THIS SASSY BITCH!?!' Personally black is my favourite lipstick.
The ceremony was lovely. Everyone had an aura of happiness and sadness. Happy because they found the long lost heir to their leaders who they thought were all killed. But at the same time sad because I was handing over my power to someone who I think is equally fantastic. Even better than me as a leader.
After the ceremony I stayed with Rosie. There were a lot of herd members, who I still remember, that came over to me to ask where I have been all this time. I had to lie a little bit. I told them I tried to get help and was in a coma for 3 weeks from the exhaustion of shifting and running. I said I couldn't come back because I thought it was my fault that the herd didn't survive. That part wasn't a lie. I really felt guilty for the herd was destroyed. I told them I still thought the herd lands was infested with hunters. That was until Soul told me otherwise. Some older shifters, friends of her dads I think, asked me how she was. I told them she was fine and was second in command back at my herd. I was bombarded with questions until everyone was to told to go to bed. They have a very strict curfew down here. Incase anything decides to attack in darkness. I completely understand. I was put in a little bedroom, prison style thing, with a small bathroom off to the side. Rosie told me everyone gets one of these rooms. She says it makes everybody feel equal. She also says that mostly everyone is in their army thing. This place kind of reminds me of District 13 in The Hunger Games, Mocking Jay part 2. I climbed into bed and hummed until I dosed off. I welcomed the darkness. I hope this bitch has good health. Cause I want to watch the last drop of blood drain from that ugly waste of space. I want to see that light fade from her eyes and drag her down to whatever hell hole will take the sack of shit!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woooohooooo
Another chapter closer to the end of the book. The book is nearly done guys. Maybe another 10ish or so chapters.
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ALL!?!
I just wanted to know if you guys want a second book written from Neva and Souls POV. About a different event. The book will be written by my best friend because Neva is her character. Do me a favour and comment what you think. And don't forget to vote.