Chapter 1

There was a time when I was alone, no place to go and no place to call home. My only friend was the man in the moon, and even sometimes he would go, too. Then one night as I closed my eyes, I saw a shadow flying high, and I knew it was him. He came to me with the sweetest smile. He told me he wanted to talk for awhile with me. He said "Peter Pan- that's what they call me. I promise that you'll never be lonely." And ever since that night.

My name is Jenny Anthite. I am 15 years old. I am a Lost Boy. I may not be a boy, but I'm a tomboy, that's for sure. I ain't afraid to get dirty in the mud unlike some other prissy girls and their fancy, expensive dresses. Personally, dresses are very revealing and uncomfortable. I don't even know how to sit in one! I prefer slacks and a T-shirt, thank you very much. But ever since I could read, which was at a very young age since I love to read, "Neverland" has been my favorite book.

Reading is my favorite thing to do when I'm at my house because it takes me to another world, and not the one I'm in. You see, I'm abused every day when I come back from school. School is my favorite place because I have my friends and my teacher who has been one of my first friends. Ms. Nelson is very nice, she's the teacher. Her son and daughter are also my best friends. I've known them my whole life.

I went home, bracing myself for the punches and kicks. My mom always blamed me for everything and was drunk all the time. Her boyfriend never did a thing about her beating me, just yelled at me when I called help. On some days, I'll be lucky if she's passed out. Her boyfriend doesn't get home until 7 pm which is good for me.

I go up to my room, grabbing "Neverland" and reading from where I left off. It's worn but it's still a good book to pass the time with. After a few chapters, I grow tired. I place my book on my stand and turn on my side, taking my glasses off. I fall asleep quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up and I look out the window. It's dark out. 'How long was I sleeping for?' I thought. Before I could get out of bed, a shadow flew over me. I look around, and sitting on my chair, is Peter Pan. I am horror struck. 'Wait, what!? How is this possible!? Peter, here, in my room!?' I thought. I was dumbfounded. My mouth was gaping and I shut it. He came to me with the sweetest smile, and told me he wanted to talk for awhile. He said, "Peter Pan- that's what they call me. I promise Jenny, you'll never be lonely." "Wha- h-how do you you know my name?" I ask, still shocked. He chuckled slightly. "Why, your my biggest fan! I can't not pay a visit to my biggest fan." He said with a wide, joyful smile. I finally smile and jump up. I don't know if I'm dreaming or not, but I don't want it to end. I wrap him in a right hug. He laughed and hugged me back gently.

I let him go. He then holds out his hand. He must've seen the confusion because he explained. "I'm taking you to Neverland." He said with a smile. "But how? You need pixie dust to fly." I said. "That's right. I almost forgot. C'mon out Tink." He said. Tinkerbell then flew out, glowing and smiling. She sprinkled some pixie dust over me and I started to float. "Take my hand. Off to Neverland we go!" He exclaimed. I took his hand we flew out the open window. I shrieked and closed my eyes, holding his hand tightly. "It's OK Jenny. I won't let you fall." He said with a smile.