Welcome Home

Lilith discovered the lapse in Mercury's character by way of supernatural means. She was terrified of what could happen so had a tail on Mercury to be absolutely aware of anything and everything in Mercury's life. Unfortunately, the tail sent word to Lilith that, in the midst of intercourse, Mercury shifted into something evil, and nearly tore Dahlia in half. The news of Dahlia's near-death thrilled Lilith, but since it didn't happen, she was distressed that Mercury was collapsing. Almost two decades of work was becoming forcefully unraveled by an extremely dense Siren. Lilith hoped the attack would make the Siren run for the hills.

     That was not the case.

     Desperate, Lilith went to Mercury's apartment to personally check up on things, which was something she had never done before. Though who answered the door was not Mercury, but Dahlia, looking tired but comfortable. Smartly, Dahlia sprinted away from the door and to the bedroom where Mercury was napping. Lilith didn't follow for a moment, too surprised that the troublesome Siren was still around. But she did eventually gather her wits and storm into the apartment with hell in her veins and destruction on her mind.

     In the bedroom, Dahlia vaulted over Mercury's sleeping form and bounced on the bed as she landed, her desperate hands immediately slapping at Mercury to wake and help. She cried out as Lilith reached the room, and that made Mercury finally lift into a sitting position.

     "What is this?" Lilith seethed. She bared her teeth, and grew more enraged as Mercury simply yawned, scratched an itch, and looked more than bored.

     "Don't let her touch me," said Dahlia before Mercury could fully react to her mother's presence.

     Lilith raised her chin to look down her nose at Dahlia. "Why aren't you gone yet, girl?"

     Mercury, eventually, thankfully, gained the use of her tired, dry tongue and husked, "Her work doesn't start until the night."

     "I know," growled Lilith. She took a breath and forced herself to think of the true reason of her arrival. She shut her eyes to rid herself of the upsetting image of Dahlia. "You tried to kill her, didn't you? Are you aware of what that means? I know you do. So why are you allowing her to be here?"

     Before Mercury could respond, Dahlia hid a little better behind Mercury's shoulder and asked suspiciously, "How do you know that? We were alone."

     Lilith dismissed everything Dahlia said and waited for Mercury to answer, who did, saying, "I stopped. It's possible what happened was a crack. Nothing more."

     "That's ridiculous and you know it. What's the real reason you keep her around? You're going to do harm to everyone because of her."

     Though Dahlia hated to be spoken of as if she weren't in the room, she allowed the conversation to continue. "I might," said Mercury. "I don't care. Besides, she won't leave. If anything happens it will be her fault and not mine."

     Lilith stepped forward. "Then let me kill her now. I know you don't care but I do, and so does your father. People will care when you get out of control. You might, even, if you get so far."

     Mercury blinked, glanced at Dahlia, then back to Lilith. "You can't kill her. What else can be done?"

     "Leave her. Get rid of her. She's a danger."

     Mercury turned to Dahlia. "You should leave."

     Dahlia held her ground, both scared to leave and scared to stay. She gulped and came to the conclusion that remaining behind Mercury was safest. "I... don't want to."