❦05❦The white and blue we left behind

"Yamazaki-san, what is Aotori like?" Tanaka was happily talking to the white haired girl with violet colored eyes. 

Suzaku looked up from the notes she made last night and closed the notebook. "Aotori is a school with a very strict penal system, it is a school that keeps only the best of the best." 

"Yamazaki-san, you must be proud to get in!" 

"I wonder..." Suzaku chuckled, "I am speaking to you nicely, Tanaka-kun, but the students there will definitely look at you like you are a peasant." 

"I will follow you the rest of my life even if I am a peasant!" 

"Are you even listening?"

In a different 2nd year class, Nishinoya also asked Sanae the same question about Aotori. From what he's hearing, the red haired Libero doesn't seem to like the strict penal system within Aotori. He sat astride on the chair, facing Sanae. 

"It's a nice school and all but the expectation is so high. The only way you are guaranteed to stay in if you excel either the education route or the sports route. I am too stupid for the education route, so I got in thanks to my skills as a Libero. If the team lost and it's my fault...I would have been expelled." 

"No way! That is harsh! What about your hard work you contributed?!" 

"One fail is an automatic expel. That's why everyone is obsessed with winning and succeeding." She looked at him and noticed the way he looked a little sad; was he wondering if she was the same? Sanae smiled a little. "I like to take it easy though. Even if I fail to receive a spike, my teammates will be there." 

Nishinoya smiled at her words and he agreed with her immediately. "I remember! The way you received the ball! You were 'woosh'!" He excitedly complimented Sanae for her skills as a Libero. As someone playing in the same position, he has a shared mindset with her. 

"Right?! Right?! I love jumping here and there! Receiving the perfect spike and staying in the game is the best ever feeling!" She folded her arms, "No matter how many perfect spikes are hit, if a Libero receives it, there is nothing to fear! It is the best position!" 

"You really understand me! Harada-san!" 

"Please, just call me 'Sanae'!" 

"Sanae-san!" He has completely forgotten about asking her more about Aotori. Why would he? Aotori's Harada Sanae was yesterday's talk, she's now Karasuno's Harada Sanae! 

"Coach has not gave you permission to change school. I can't believe you all got Yamazaki to sort things out for you...do you know how many people are dying to be in Aotori?" Keina asked, "You girls don't belong here." 

"Who are you to tell us where we belong? Mind your own business, we are not blue birds anymore." Touka made it very clear that they will not go back; they have come this far to go back. "If Soumi is not allowed to come back, none of us are." 

Keina made an annoyed 'tch' noise. She looked at Touka with eyes of indifference, "Why do you care about someone who brought loss to our name?" Keina's eyes were cold as she brought Soumi's name into the conversation. This really aggravated Touka because she didn't believe the loss was Soumi's fault back at the Interhigh. 

"I should have been the one to be kicked out...not Soumi. Get out of here, Sannan, if you have nothing good to say, go back to Tokyo." 

"I'm afraid we can't do that, Hijikata-san." Keina then took took out what looked like a contract out of her bag. "Aotori has every rights to revoke a student's leave if they believe a student has potential to stay. Even now, you are still an Aotori student to our school."