Chapter 10: Spending Time

Both man stayed on the cliff for a while, then walked back down to the town. It was late at night, but Mihawk and Shanks both agreed that they deserved some time together before they parted ways again. They decided to stay on the island for a week, so that the pirates can get a rest before their journey, and the captain and the swordsman can get to spend some time together.

After informing the Red Hair Pirate's crews, Mihawk and Shanks walked around the town. It was about 3 A.M. in the morning, so most of the stores and restaurants were closed. They just walked around the road, looking at the different types of buildings that stood along the way. No matter how quiet or awkward it got, the two men enjoyed walking side by side together.

"Hey Mihawk~ let's go get a room at the inn~ I'm too tired to walk anym..." Shanks somehow fell asleep in the middle of him speaking. He wobbled side to side, and fell into the hands of Mihawk.

Mihawk gave out an annoyed sigh. "This idiot can't do anything without me, can he?"

Mihawk picked Shanks up, and carried him to the nearest inn. He managed to get the last room available, but it was a single bed. That meant that Shanks and Mihawk had to share a bed together.

Mihawk at first didn't really care. He laid down the sleeping man onto the bed gently, and tucked him under the sheets. He was about to lie down, but suddenly was reminded of his relationship with Shanks. They may be close, but Mihawk didn't want to make Shanks uncomfortable. So Mihawk decided to sleep on the nearby chair.

Shanks woke up not too long after Mihawk fell asleep. He was confused as to where he was, since he didn't remember what happened. He got up to use the restroom, and took a quick shower to sober himself up.

Shanks came out of the restroom to see the sleeping swordsman on the chair. He moved closer to Mihawk, and waved his hands over the other man's face. No response. He must have been extremely tired. Shanks gently carried him to the bed, and lied down next to him. He stared at the quiet sleeping prince, and smiled. No matter how much he looked, Mihawk always looked so innocent and pure when he slept. He had the face of an angel.

Shanks stayed motionless for a couple of minutes, ad decided to go back to sleep. He gave a light kiss on Mihawk's cheeks, and fell back onto the bed to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mihawk woke up and sat up on the bed. Wait. He was on the bed. When did he get on the bed last night? He was sure that he slept on the chair last night.

Mihawk looked around but didn't see Shanks anywhere. He assumed that Shanks went out for a quick walk, so he lied back down on the bed. Thanks to the drinking last night, Mihawk had a terrible headache.

Mihawk almost fell back asleep, until he heard Shanks walk back in the room. Mihawk wasn't feeling so well, so he stayed still on the bed.

Shanks walked to where Mihawk was, and placed something down on the table next to the bed. He then sat down gently next to Mihawk, and took out a piece of paper and a pen. He scribbled something on the paper, and placed it on the table.

Shanks paused and looked at Mihawk. He stared at the sleeping man for a while, then walked out.

Mihawk was feeling too lazy to get up to see what Shanks wrote down, so he just laid still on the bed. He managed to fall back asleep, and woke back up about 2 hours later.

Mihawk looked out the window, and saw that it was still early out. The sun was shining brightly, so it was around 12 P.M.. Mihawk looked around the room as he sat down, and noticed that Shanks was still missing. What was that man doing?

He finally went over to the table to see what Shanks left. It was a medicine and a note that said "Hey I bought you some medicine in case you're suffering from a bad hangover. You can thank me with a kiss later~ <3 -Shanks"