Chapter 1 - Awkward stares & Innocent tears.

Chapter 1

"O-others?" I stuttered aloud, confused by where he was taking me. Still dragging me along with him through the damp streets of New York. It had to be around midnight now, seeing as the sky was now a dark navy colour and the stars shining bright in the night sky.

"Yes. Others. Like me." Was his simple reply. Slightly annoyed by his arrogant behaviour I managed to tear my hand away from his.

"Im not going anywhere with you. I mean come on i hardly know you!" I screamed, which made him turn around and look at me. His grey emotionless eyes glaring at me. We just stood standing there, staring at one another until he finally decided to break the silence.

"Look. I promise to explain everything when we're with the others. But for now please hurry." He said grabbing my hand in his, once again the slightly uncomfortable current running up my arm.

"What the hell is that? Are you trying to electrocute me?!" I screamed again, taking my arm away from him and making him stop at a halt and turn around.

"You never shut up do you?" He grabbed my arm again, this time no current forming, but instead tingles running up my arm.

I decided to let it go this time and let him lead me to some building. It looked old. Too old for this generation anyways. As we walked to the entrance of the building i could hear people laughing and chatting amongst each other. We continued to walk inside one of the rooms which were located in the building, and thats when everyone fell silent.

They all just stood there. Glaring at me like i just killed innocent old Spongebob. Why that sentence came to my head i have no idea, but honestly they looked at me as if they were... Shocked?

"Ahh, Hunter.. You finally decide to bring her." Said one of the people staring at me. He had black greyish hair and looked like he was in his late thirties.

Thats when i realised the name. Hunter. So thats the name of the total stranger who seemed to have kidnapped me? I had to admit, the name suited him well. Seeing as he had brown straight hair to his ears and his sparkly brownish eyes and to top it all off his black leather jacket. But also that name seemed a bid odd. But either way, he said he wasn't human.. Right?

I realised that i must have been standing there like an insane fool. I looked to Hunter and saw that he was glaring deeply at the man who spoke earlier on. It was like they were talking with their eyes. Weird...

"Ermm, if you haven't noticed. Im slightly confused on what the hell is going on. So if someone would explain to me what the hell is actually happening, that'll be great" i said staring at Hunter in particular.

"Wait outside the room. I'll explain to you whats happening upstairs." Hunter replied back which made me mentally smile.

I slowly got out of Hunters grasp and walked outside the room. Everyones eyes following my every movement. What the hell are they doing? This is not a free show. I mean they were standing there awkwardly staring the entire time.

"Freaks" I thought whilst I made it outside of the room.

A couple minutes later, Hunter came out and asked me to follow him. We made it upstairs and into a black painted room that had a double bed in the middle. This should be his room i thought and quietly sat down on the comfortable bed.

"Soo.." I said, waiting for him to explain what was happening. He seemed to be standing next to the window on the opposite side of the room. Like he was trying to keep his distance from me.

"Faith.. You have to understand that all of this is for your own safety." He explained slowly. Giving me time to let it all sink in.

"Wait how do you know my name?" I asked suddenly surprised.

He ignored my question and carried on explaining..

"There's some people. Bad people. And they want you. But of course we won't let them get you."

Bad people? What the hell?

"What do you mean 'want you'?" I quoted utterly confused.

"Faith. They want some information from you. Your parents they.."

I didn't let him continue because I cut his sentence off

"MY PARENTS? THEY'RE DEAD HUNTER !" I shouted.

"Yes I fucking know that!" He shouted back. "They're dead because they helped save you Faith. These bad people were close to finding you and your parents saved you by getting themselves killed"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. First he tells me I'm not human, and then he tells me my parents died saving me?

WHAT.

UTTER.

BULLSHIT.

My parents died in a car accident many years ago. I know that because I remember asking my grandparents where they were every night. They soon told me though, and that was when i turned 13. 4 years ago. That was something a child shouldn't go through, the pain of losing both your parents at such a young age.

Tears. I couldn't hold them in any longer. They ran down my cheek as i continued to remember how badly damaged i was. MY parents! I didn't even get to say goodbye!

Somewhere between my thoughts I felt a pair of warm arms pry me off the bed and encircle around my waist, pulling me in closer. Hunter. The tingles appearing again by his simple touch. He just held me tighter, hugging me whilst i let it all out. I missed my parents. I loved them so much. But I just knew deep down that they were never coming back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daaaamn. That was emotional. And awww Hunter being a good lad haha, dont forget to comment and vote you lovely chair legs xxx