Chapter Two: The Unexpected Death

{:AUTUMNFUR'S POV:}

Autumn went to find her mother and check if she was okay.

"Mom?" She said, worried about her.

Her mother had a severe cold from the past winter.

"A-Autumn? Is that you?" Her mother said in a spine chilling, raspy voice.

"Yes mom. How are you feeling? Do you need some water?"

"No no. I'm fine. But, could you bring your brother in here? I'd like to speak with him."

"Someone call my name?" It was Stone, Autumn's older brother.

"Oh good. You saved me time, Stone. Mom wants to talk to you."

"Where are you going?" Stone said. But I was already dashing off without answering.

She was heading to her secret place underground. Autumn saw the tunnel up ahead and rushed inside as it started to rain.

'Huh. Guess I got lucky.' She thought sarcastically. 'Well, *yawn* I could use a nap. And the dirt here is really soft.' She dozed off to sleep.

Suddenly, she found herself in a bright and misty area.

"Um, hello?" She said, questioningly looking around.

A light brown figure walked towards her.

"Oh, I guess I was wrong. I do get to see you one last time." The figure was her mother.

"*gasp* M-Mom? Are you..."

"Yes. I'm sorry I left so soon. I wish to see you again soon, darling."

Tears poured down her face as her mom disappeared.

"N-n-no. T-this can't be happening!" She whispered.

Then she was back in her secret hole. She heard a voice calling her name in the distance.

"Autumn? Autumn, where are you?!" It was her best friend, Sky.

She hurriedly got up and raced over to her friend. Tears flew off her face as she ran. 'Why why why! Why did she have to leave!?'