Home

Chapter 1- Home

Chapter 1- Home

Home II - Dotan

The white fur sheets that they had once laid in was drenched in an ebony tainted blood, staining the fur. The outline of her lover's body carved into the sheets, where she spent her last, waking seconds.

The salty taste of Clarke's tears peppered her mouth, once being lavished with warmth and affection. Her lips tingled minutes beforehand, she could still feel the ghost of Lexa's lips pressed against hers. She remembered how she traced every tattoo on her back, explored every inch of her skin, getting lost in her.

She was suffocating. Her uncontrollable sobs wheezed in and out of her throat, resembling a sparrow's cry. Every waking inch of her body was numb, her heart sunk down to the depths of hell. The balls of her fist clenched in fury, her nails dug into the palms of her hand. Her eye's sewn shut, prayers tumbled from her lips as she wished this was a mere nightmare.

It was a nightmare. A nightmare she was living.

"We need to leave," Murphy's scratchy voice whispered pleadingly as he gently pressed a hand on her trembling shoulder.

Clarke's paralyzed. She slowly digested the inevitable truth that Lexa was truly gone. She had her a minute ago, showered with her affection and within a blink of an eye, her world crumbled before her.

"Clarke, we need to go home." Murphy pleaded as he whipped his head towards the door entrance, afraid Titus might storm into the room.

Clarke couldn't bring her weary eyes to his beaten and bruised ones as she croaked, "I have no home."

-

Bellamy sat in the watchtower, the landscape was as beautiful as a well-articulated painting. The various trees and plants blended together in harmony. The sky was a mixture of pink, orange, and yellows, accommodating the setting sun which started to sink behind the horizon. He noticed a flock of birds escape the sea of green and into the sky, where they soared freely.

Bellamy grasped on to the bottle of moonshine which fit perfectly in his hand and took a swig as the liquid burned the back of his throat with a bitter taste.

He was on patrol duty. He was supposed to be on high alert because Kane was arrested a few days beforehand, and his friends were plausible suspects. He envisioned on multiple occasions how his sister would emerge from the forest and return home, into his arms. Bellamy would abruptly snap out of his daydreams, only to be left in defeat and regret.

He took in another swig of moonshine, which he had obviously crept into the tower.

The crackled sound of his radio was a distant thought as it echoed in the back of his mind. He ignored the daily chaos that occurred in Arkadia.

Bellamy snapped out of his fascist following trance when Pike sentenced Kane to death. He thought that everything he had done was for his people. He thought that the Grounder's were the enemies, and he took the lives of hundreds. After he saw the pained, dark look that Kane gave him the night of his arrest, Bellamy realized that he was the true enemy.