Run

Chapter 2 -Run

Run - Daughter

He wanted to read his literature on history, not create it. She wanted to stain her hands with charcoal and paint, not blood.

They've fought for too long. They were just children, trying to survive in such a cruel, gruesome world. They've both taken the lives of hundreds of people, they've sacrificed their happiness and freedom to ensure the survival of their people. They were so young and yet, were haunted and tormented by the hundreds of ghosts.

They used to recognize themselves; it's funny how reflections change.

Bellamy knew his mother raised him to be better than what he was; he was a monster. Clarke knew her mother raised her to protect others; she couldn't save them all.

They were flooded with regret.

He regrets not stopping her at the gate. She regrets not turning back to Bellamy's arms.

Bellamy and Clarke pondered and daydream about the victorious taste of freedom and peace, something they were fighting for every day, never quite reaching it.

-

Bellamy didn't regret his choice for taking Pike's life.

And that scared the shit out of him.

He vowed to himself that he was done fighting, he suffered for long enough. Mount Weather was the last of the endurance. He assured himself that he was going to live out the rest of his days with Gina, in Arkadia.

He promised that that was the end of his pain.

To Bellamy, it seemed like it had just begun.

"Do you even know where you're going?" panted Bellamy as they dashed through the woods, away from any sign of civilization.

"It's a few more miles" Clarke's jagged voice replied.

She had hurt him, she knew that she had hurt him. The two of them fought together for what they believed in, both of their hands drenched in the blood of hundreds. She just wanted to go back home, to forget that the world existed and that she was back on the Ark.

People needed to be reminded that Wanheda was just a tired, stubborn eighteen-year-old who wanted to go home.

Familiar surroundings stood among the bewildered teenagers. Clarke approached a tree, where she had once carved her initials, along with Finn's, encircled with an uneven heart.

The moonlight was dim, unable for her to have a clear observation on what it looked like. Her fingers wavered over the tree bark, gently feeling the grooves of the carving.

Clarke bent down to brush away the dirt using her hands, unmasking the buried hatch of the Art Supply Store. She grasped the handle and flung it open, making a clanking sound which startled Bellamy.