Protect the unprotected

I walked into our room after Jake dropped me off. (Hiedy was taken home by Damon earlier) Hiedy as rummaging through our clothes.

"OK. so  as thinking for your date, you should wear this elegant black dress or the purple mini. i think you should go with the purple mini."

I dropped my stuff and sat on the couch with a sigh. "I'm not going."

"Not going! What do you mean 'not going'?" She set the dresses aside.

"I am not going."

"why not?" She looked very disappointed.

"Because I think it be best to keep my distance for the next six weeks."

"Six weeks Why six wee-: I gave her a distraught look. "Oh no... you didn't.."

"I did." a tear slid down my cheek.

"ell did you at least, you know?"

"No I did not use any protection. hat so ever. No condoms, no birth control. So go ahead judge all you want." I got up and curled up into a ball in the corner. I felt sick to my stomach. I let the tears fall onto my jeans, staining them. Hiedy came over and rubbed my hair.

"It's not me you have to worry about judging." this made me cry harder. Hiedy sat next to me and squeezed my hand. e sat there for hours, ignoring the outside world.

"hat are you going to tell dad?" she said, breaking the silence.

"I don't know! Idon't even know if i really am pregnant yet. we'll have to wait."

"Whatever happens, i'm right by your side."