Chapter 1

Red, glowing eyes stared back at me. I shivered in fear. Those eyes......I've seen them before. The beast standing in front of me wasn't like any other werewolf I've seen. His fur was the color of the night sky. His sharp fang-like teeth dripped with blood. He bared his teeth at me and released a vicious growl. My heart started beating a lot faster as he slowly moved towards me.

I wanted to step back, but my legs wouldn't do the honor of allowing me to move. I was able to do one thing and one thing only. I screamed. He ran forward and leaped towards me.

I quickly sat up with a scream. Sweat dripped from my forehead and down my neck. My long hair clung to my skin like it does when I get out of the shower. My throat was so dry that I couldn't breathe. I attempted to get up from my bed, but my legs felt like noodles.

This is the fifth time this week I had this dream. Each day they get scarier and revealed more and more of the monster. I don't know what triggers these nightmares, but they're so freaking scary that I almost shit when I wake up.

I don't cry for some odd reason, but it is enough to scare the crap out of me and make me scream.

I scooted to the edge of my bed. My whole body felt as if it was on fire. I ran my shaking hand through my knotty hair. After getting myself together, I stood up and grabbed a random change of clothes.

I don't care what time it was, I just really need to take a cold shower so that my body can cool down.

I picked up my phone and went into the bathroom. I turned on the water in the shower, allowing it to be cold. I took off my clothes and tossed them into a pile by the door. Before getting in, I picked up my phone just to see what time it was. 3:50 a.m.

God, its early.

I locked my phone and placed it back down on the counter by the sink. I slid open the door for the shower and climbed in. The cold water hit against my back, immediately cooling me off. I sighed out in content as the fiery feeling vanished.

I squirted shampoo onto the palm of my hand and I began rubbing it into my scalp. Then I got my loofa sponge and squirted body wash onto it. The scent of mint filled my nose. I don't know what it is about this body wash, but it just smells so good.

I guess its because I love mint Oreos....

Or maybe it was because my best friend's brother's favorite ice cream flavor was mint. My body suddenly began to ache at the thought of Caden. He was a good guy.

I shook the thought of him away. I already had enough pain, I don't need more on my plate.

Once I was clean, I turned off the water and got out. I wrapped a fuzzy towel around my small, shaking frame. I could still see those freaky red eyes whenever I blinked. They were so God damn familiar.

I dried off my body with the towel and started putting my clothes on. I slipped on a pair of leggings, a big gigantic T-Shirt that belongs to my brother Jordyn, and a pair of Doctor Who themed fuzzy socks.

I picked up my comb from the counter and began taming my wild, tangly, wet hair.

***

"You had another dream?" my bestie, Kiera, asked with concern laced in her voice.

I nodded as I took a bite of the Oreo in my hand. I lightly moaned at how good the Oreo tasted. Oreos are my guilty pleasure. They're so addicting. I don't know what it is about them. The chocolaty cookie part. The sweet cream that's sandwiched between the two cookies. They're just so damn good!!!

"You really need to tell someone besides me." She said. "This is becoming serious."

I sighed and looked down at the Oreos sitting in front of me. The reason why I've never told anyone is because I want to be able to take care of my own problems. And I know my mom or someone else would make a big deal out of it when its not. Plus, I want to battle my own problems. I'm 18, a legal adult, and I should be able to take care of myself.