Chapter 9

Song - Little Do You Know by Alex & Sierra

Liana sat in front of me with a frown. Her eyes narrowed at me with her arms crossed over her chest. She had on a hot pink tank top that had a low v-neck, showing off her cleavage to the world and she had on a pair of short shorts, showing off her long legs that I was so jealous of.

"I hate you," she muttered with a straight face.

I gaped at her before throwing my head back and releasing a loud laugh. "Hey, it's not my fault I don't find Chris Hemsworth attractive." I defended.

Liana rolled her eyes and nudged my shoulder. We were sitting in the living room watching Thor. Liana was gushing about how hot he was meanwhile I tried to ignore her annoying, fangirling voice. "How do you not see him as a sexy god?"

I shrugged before popping some popcorn in my mouth. "I'm more of a Theo James kind of girl." I reasoned through a mouthful of popcorn.

She stared at me in disgust as she watched me stuff handfuls of popcorn into my mouth, dropping a few stray pieces here and there. "I don't understand how you're so skinny when you eat like a pig on steroids."

I chucked the popcorn that was in my hand at her, but she skillfully caught it with her mouth and stood up. I flashed her an evil grin as I quickly picked up the bowl and shot up, immediately walking towards her.

"Any last words?" I asked, a horrible evil cackle following after.

In one swift motion, all of the popcorn and un-popped popcorn kernels flew out of the bowl. Liana squealed and dove out of the way just as someone came walking into the room.

The smell of vanilla wrapped around my nose and my eyes widened in horror when I realized that I just threw popcorn at him. I gasped as I watched him get pelted with popcorn.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Liana cowering away. I turned back to a confused Nixon.

His green eyes grew in surprise. He eyed the popcorn as they landed on the floor before looking up. His lips were pulled into a tight line as he stared at me expectantly with raised eyebrows.

I tried to hold back a laugh which ended up sounding like an awkward cough. "Oopsies....?"

He scowled at me, but I couldn't help but notice how his peach lips twitched slightly as he fought back the urge to smile. I stared as I studied him.

He's such a confusing man. One second he's hurting me, the next thing I know, he's comforting me when I'm in a vulnerable state. And then he's all serious like every other Alpha out there.

Then there's the fun part of him that I know is there, but he doesn't display it. He has it hiding deep down inside of him, afraid of showing the world who he really is.

Someone cleared their throat, bringing me back to reality. When I realized that I was still staring at him, I looked down at the floor, feeling the blood rushing to my cheeks.

"Liana, training starts in 10 minutes. Don't be late." He said, using his Alpha tone.

Liana quickly nodded her head before bidding me a goodbye and heading out of the room.

Nixon and I stood in an awkward silence. It was so quiet that I could hear his heart beating at a somewhat normal pace. I could feel his heavy stare which made my body get this weird, giddy feeling.