Chapter 1

The hooded figure stood before Ari.

"Do you believe in Angels and Demons?"

"Yes, forever"

He smiled, and disappeared. Ari woke up in the morning, a note on her bedside read,

It wasn't a dream.

-The Hooded Figure.

   She frowned and his the note under a loose floor board. And ran out the door for her morning run. She noticed a shadow everywhere she ran. As she went to get a drink from a near by water fountain, she heard a quite laugh, but it was getting louder. She rolled her eyes. As a police officer walked up to her. She felt terrified. He asked,

"Ma'am have you seen a hooded figure at all?"

She felt her eyes widen, but says, "No sir, why?"

"No reason."

He went silent for a little while, telepathically talking to the Angels.
"He's not here, he hasn't been for centuries."
But Ari, unkowngly being an Angle could hear him. She gets up to walk away, but hears a familiar voice in her head.

"If you had told him you could have gotten rid of me."

"I have a feeling you can help me" she responded.

"With what?"

"I don't know who I am. But I think you do."

"That's what you think?"

"Yes."

"I was drawn to you because of your power. You will be called into the office today, along with that girl you call popular. And after that, I will explain everything. Oh, and I will need to see that notebook"

Ari was sitting in period 8 when she was called to the office. As she walked up the popular girl looked up at her and sneered.

"Let me guess, you got sad. And reported me for bullying?"

Ari just rolled her eyes. Just then, the principal walked around the corner, motioning for them to follow him into his office. As they walk in he asked for Ari's notebook. She stares at him, pleading with her eyes.

"He warned you of this."

She hands him the notebook mumbling,

"Its really nothing...."

The principal sets it on his desk.

"Sir?"

The air shimmers, as the hooded figure appears. The popular girl screams, the hooded figure laughs and looks at her.

"Well, you aren't very subtle are you?"

"Wh-who are you?"

Ari laughs as the hooded figure looks at her this time.

"Hello again Eva."

She smiles shyly. "Hello"

The popular girl looks confused. "You two know eachother? Why am I here?"

The principal says,

"He will say when you ready."

Ari looks up, "who?"

"Evangleine, I told you I'd tell you later. This monster.... mustn't know our secrets."

Ari frowns. And asked for her notebook back. The hooded figure reads through it quickly. Then hands it to her.

"Your actually pretty close to the truth."

She smiles, "Wait. Is that why you call me Evangeline?"

He glances up at her, "Yes." He snaps and and the polar girl is gone. Ari....notices his skeletal hands. As the principal glances up he looks over to the hooded figure.

"Her parents will be here soon."

Ari, amazed watches as the hooded figure morphs into an elder man.

"Why are they coming?"

The "elder man" glances at her. "It will all be explained tonight. Just go with the flow."