Dark (Kai x Reader)

She was a moody girl, rarely smiled or laughed, and would rather hide away somewhere than talk to people.

He, on the other hand, was cheerful and always smiling. His happiness was infectious, even to her.

She wasn't very open around him either, but the darkness in her heart seemed to fade away slightly when with him. He made her feel that her dark past should stay in the past, where it belonged. He tried so hard to pull her to the light.

At first, nobody understood how it worked.

But slowly, even he began to notice the changes. She would give him small, shy smiles when he was especially happy. She would bury her face in her hands each time he complimented her on her writing, because she was so embarrassed. And when he kissed her, it wouldn't be long before she responded.

She'd even confided in him the reason her heart was so dark, why she chose to give up hope for resignation and heartlessness.

That night, he promised her he would always be there for her, and would always love and support her.

Unfortunately, it all came to an end when her past caught up with her, and she had to run. Leaving him behind.

Years passed. Kai had never stopped searching for her. He was afraid that something had happened to her. He told his band about her, asked them for help.

But even with other people searching for her, it was impossible.

Kai never gave up, though. He believed that he would find her someday, and bring light back into her life.

And he found her, as he always believed he would.

But he didn't expect to find her broken.

It was worse than before. The brick wall he had tried so hard to break was back, but behind it were thorns, hurting his lover so much that she was in too much pain to remove them.

She was afraid to return to the light, even with him. Her very soul had been broken, with no way of repair.

And so, Kai gave her a new one. He made it himself.

He showed her what was beyond the mountain covering her with dark clouds. He encouraged her to start writing again. And when her first full-length novel was published, he was the first to read it and tell her, "You're so talented and amazing."

One day, she left him again.

But it was only for a day. She went on a small journey of her own to find the sun behind her dark clouds. She was alone, but only physically. In her heart, and in her brand-new soul, she knew she would never be alone.

And when she returned, her new sould fully blended into her body, he was waiting for her. With his beautiful smile.

With a hand waiting to take her into the light.