Chapter 1

Dear diary 22-01-1876

I saw him... In my dream and I can't forget him. I know he is dead but he is my daddy. Mom told me that he is with the angels that he will protect me from up there. And I believe that he will see me turn 8 next week I am sure he will. The king wants to punish my mom... He says she is a thief and a traitor... I dont believe them and she won't be beheaded they told me that god will protect the one how does good... God will protect my mom.

Emily Carter

Dear diary 29-01-1876

I can't believe what happend... they beheaded my mom. They told me that god would help. I still hear her last words "God will keep you safe" I dont know what to believe my mom told me that god would keep the one who does good safe... When did my mom wrong. I can't trust god.... God killed my mom! They told me I should move in with my uncle Gerardus. I don't like him he is the devil he always wished my mom dead... His wish came true.

Emily Carter

"They haven't found her whole diary" I look at my teacher and raise my hand."yes Brooke" "How can she have the same surname as me?" I ask "There are a lot of Carters in the world it is just coincidence, Miss Carter" She says. Well I like the girls name a lot more Emily Carter sounds better then Brooke Carter.

When I come home I throw my bag on the couch. I run upstairs and start cleaning my room. I really made a mess of my room... I live in a old wooden house I don't know why my parrents bought this house it is ugly and we have a small weard outhouse that is for sure older then the first world war. We never come there because there are a lot of spiders. My friends always joked that there are ghost. Sure I don't believe them.