13

Leaning back in his chair, Erik shut his eyes and listened to Fleurette's quiet tentative voice. He frowned. She was quiet, extremely quiet. This was not good. Louder, her voice needed to be louder. Leaning forward he placed his arms against the railing. He looked down at the stage and narrowed his eyes at the distraction which was seemingly eating up all of her concentration. Why were Fleck, Gangle and Squelch there? Letting out a short sigh, he frowned again when there was a slamming sound from the back of the room.

Looking down as a man strode forward, he rolled his eyes. Even from here he could hear the man introduce himself as some reporter. He seemingly wanted to put an advertisement in the newspaper he worked for. Only he didn't know anything about the show. Hence why he came to the source for information. Admittedly, the new man staring around at the group gathered, and fidgeting uncomfortably caused Erik to sigh and lean back in his chair again, now irritated. It was enough that the practice was already dragging by at a snail's pace. Let alone with this happening.

Looking slowly back to the stage he stood when he saw Fleurette turn and walk off. Clearly she was grasping this moment for a quick escape. Needless to say he found her retreating down to their home. "Are you off, so soon?" She jolted from his voice, turning slowly she looked up at him. "What's the rush? Surely once that reporter has gone rehearsals will commence again."

Fleurette shook her head slowly. "I can't do this."

"The nerves, again?"

"Well, yes, they've not disappeared, Erik, I highly doubt they ever will." Fleurette turned and started to walk off again.

"So, what are you going to do?" He walked after her.

She stopped again, frowning she looked over her shoulder, narrowing her eyes she didn't answer. Hearing her name being called, she stomped her foot. Clearly she was annoyed at the fact that she hadn't fully retreated. Hanging her head, she put her hands over her face. Sighing heavily, she laughed bitterly. "I don't know! Suck it up and do my job. Because everyone's seemingly obsessed with everyone else doing a job." Fleurette walked past him and back towards the stage.

Walking after her, Erik reached out and held onto her shoulders. "What would make your nerves disappear?"

Fleurette shook her head. "Nothing." She shrugged slowly, smiling over her shoulder she turned and wrapped her arms around his waist. "I know I am being childish over this matter. I have been childish over this matter all along. It is inevitable," she looked up at him. "May I admit something?"

"Yes." Erik said while carefully moving some of her curls out of her face.

"I purposely sung awfully earlier on."

Erik frowned and tapped her on the forehead lightly. "Of course you did."

Fleurette let out a giggle and swatted his hand away. "You're annoyed over my attempt at sabotage."

"No, what gave it away?"

"Your tone," Fleurette looked up at him as innocently as she could. Erik looked over her shoulder, her name was still being called quietly.

"I believe you're being summoned." Erik leaned down slowly and rested his forehead against hers.

"Hm, yes I do believe I am." Fleurette replied quietly while going to lean up with full intention of pressing her lips against his. Only, her plan fell flat when Erik picked up on this and moved away. She pouted, "Hm," she hummed again.

Erik smiled slowly, putting his hands on her shoulders, he turned and nudged her back onto the stage. Fleurette stumbled forwards and shot him a look. He shrugged casually and leaned against the wall, smirking in her direction. Walking to the centre of the stage, she let out a resounding sigh before straightening out her dress. Keeping her hands entwined loosely over her stomach she commenced singing.