matt x reader

a/n- weren't many matt x readers out there that show his actual character (which is quite hard to work with because of his vanity) so i decided to write one! enjoy!
(also, side note- Y/N means your name, H/C means hair color, F/C means favorite color, etc.)

Boom.
The thunder roared on and on.
It was difficult to put your head under your pillow and pretend you heard nothing. Yet you were so afraid, so fearful of the reverberation in the stormy clouds.
You felt like running down the dark hallway like a small, petulant child, not that you never acted like one. You just wanted to run into the arms of the one you were in love with- Matt.
He seemed so vain and narcissistic all the time, but you felt that this wasn't true, how this never really seemed to fit with his innocence and naivety. You wanted to give him a chance, something that many people had never given him.
Now that you'd thought over it, you no longer felt scared about the thunder and instead had a new purpose- to confess to Matt about how you truly felt.
You bolted down the hallway, knowing exactly where to go, considering how it was upstairs.
As you passed Tord's room, Tord himself came out and opened the door.
"Y/N? What are you doing up?" Tord asked.
"Oh, couldn't sleep."
"Yeah, me too. Polishing my guns is always important, though. Well, who are you going to visit?"
The Norwegian had always been like an older brother to you, so you trusted him with how you felt about Matt.
"I...I.."
"Sshh. I think I know who you're talking about." Oh whoopee, Tord's a mind reader too now?
"Look, don't worry about it. You're a nice person, Y/N! I know you'll be able to bring the best out of him." Tord pat your shoulder gently.
"Thanks Tord!" you whispered back.
"No prob- now get the girl!" Tord closed his door prudently.
You felt more confident about exchanging with Matt, and darted up the stairs. You were shocked to see that he wasn't there.
"Hi Y/N!" you then heard Matt's voice right behind you.
You turned around. Matt was in a purple t-shirt, dark gray pants, and had a glass of warm milk in his hand.
"Oh.. hi.." you felt a blush alight your cheeks. You glanced over to where he was, and realized he had sat on his bed. "So I wanted to talk to you about something... Matt.." you nervously rambled.
"Oh, of course! What is it?" Matt joyfully told you while looking at himself in the mirror.
He didn't even bother to make eye contact with you, and that made you angry.
That's it- you'd tell him straight that he has an issue. It doesn't matter how hurt he'd be at first. This is for his own good.
"Why do you look at yourself so much in the mirror besides the fact that you look 'good'??" you told him, your tone too sharp even for your own liking.
Matt turned around, and he had the look of accusation and fear in his eyes. You had scared him.
But you kept on going. Driving the point home is the only way he'll realize by this point. And at least he acknowledged your presence now.
"Why does nobody question it, either? Why do you care so much about your own looks??" you angrily asked.
You looked up from your rant and saw tears dot Matt's eyes.
Perfect job, Y/N. You made him cry. Imagine how the poor chap feels. Terrible? Probably. You deserve it., You thought.
"I.. oh..." you whispered.
He wiped his tear-stained cheeks with his arm, and looked at you.
"I can't help myself," he said in a crooked voice. "I've never felt good about myself- I just wanted to gain confidence. I guess that just makes me look bad if I really was too obsessed with myself." he whispered out with a heavy voice.
You sat down and pat his shoulder. "I never meant to make you feel bad about this.... I'm sorry." you told him quietly.
"It's fine, I should have known better than to act so vain." he looked at you and gave a patient smile. Dang, he's adorable.
"You shouldn't have to, though- you're kind and cute a-" you saw how you gushed about him and gasped. You looked at him. His eyes were widened in a look of surprise, his cheeks dusted with blush.
Then, he started to snicker a little. He started to laugh, falling onto the bed.
"HAHAHA Y/N! YOU'RE ADORABLE!" he said between laughs. You looked away, your face as heated as an oven.
Then, he sat up. "But it's nothing to be ashamed of, really. I kind of enjoy your company too, I have to admit." Matt assured, "At least I'm starting to, now that you've helped me with this."
You smiled at him. "Well, I guess my work here's done!" you replied, beginning to walk down the stairs.
"Wait!" Matt called out.
"What?" you replied.
"Stay."
You felt shocked, not knowing what to say. The butterflies in your stomach began to come back, your confidence wearing off.
"A-are you sure?" you stuttered out.
"Yes!" Matt replied, almost hastily.
You walked and sat back down on his bed. Matt was already under the covers, smiling gleefully.
"Wait, you mean I can slee-"
"YES." Matt looked starry eyed, he was so excited.
You quickly got under the covers.
"So, how's-"
You were cut off by quiet snoring coming from Matt. He looks peaceful, better not bother him.. you thought.
Then, you quietly laid your head on the pillow, and began to rest.

-
woo, cute ending! came up with the concept kind of quickly- sorry if it sounds a bit sloppy/mushy at all.
i decided to make matt's vanity a crutch to hold him up because of his insecurities, woop! poor matt.