Prologue

Just a short note:  

If you are reading this story by accident or by chance, I'd like to thank you. If you work for a call center or BPO company, I hope you will enjoy this story. If you work on a different line of business, I personally think you will enjoy this as well. You can watch the video above so it gives you a bit about the industry. I appreciate some stars, follows, or comment if you can. Thank you for reading and keep the pages turning and let you be my inspiration.  

Enjoy!

****

2009

ALEX.

"In the Beginning, God created the Universe according to His wisdom. He created all the living creatures and above all his Creation was man. On the seventh day, He rested.

"But man himself did not rest. He craved. He searched. He found and searched again. Man did not stop to look for answers. He did not stop to find development and progress. Man became greedy and wanted more. Man is never satisfied."

At sa pakikinig ni Alex sa mga papuri ni Pastor Jude and got bored to death at humikab ng mga isang milyong beses, he pondered to himself; ano nga ba ang satisfaction? Saan nga ba ito mahahanap? When does one become satisfied at kelan mahahanap ang contentment?

True it was boring, but is worth pondering about.

"Man, according to the Bible, became greedy with gold and power," pag patuloy ng pastor. "They never stopped searching for more."

He looked to his left at nakita niya ang isang batang lalaki na nangungulangot at dinikit ito sa white dress ng mommy niya at tumawa ng tahimik. Her mom saw this and she smiled sa bata at dahan dahang tinanggal ang kanyang heels, inabot ang isa niyang paa palapit sa hita ng kanyang anak, at kinurot nya ng sobrang sakit using her toes bilang isang parusa sa ginawa nito.

"Ang galing naman ng talent ni ate," he thought to himself. Hindi nga niya malaman kung paano niya ito nagawa – pinching that kid using her toes.

He looked to his right and nakita niya ang isang matandang lalaki na nakatulog sa kanyang upuan, na may tatlong langaw na lumilipad lipad sa ibabaw ng kanyang nakangangang bibig. He rolled his eyes. Sa ika limang beses, tumayo si Alex at dumiretso sa C. R. hoping to shake the boredom off himself at napatingin sa salamin. He can still hear the faint preach of the pastor outside. Isa pang lalaki ang pumasok kasunod niya.

"Okay ka lang?" His Uncle Rodney asked. "Pang apat na beses mo na atang pasok sa C. R. ah."

"Pang lima, actually," sagot niya with a bit of pride. "Wag po kayo mag alala. Ayos lang ako. Babalik din ako agad."

Hindi masiyadong strict si Uncle Rodney sa kaniya. Mas mabait siya, mapagbigay, at mas madaling umintindi. In fact, mas maluwag pa nga siya kesa kay Aunt Mae niya eh. Although, mabait din naman siya. She provides very handsomely for his education. But she is too strict and controlling. She decided his own haircut. Siya rin ang nag convince kay Alex to join the church even if it's the local religion he hated the most. Pero, since siya ang nag papaaral sa kaniya wala siyang choice but to accept it for the sense of gratitude with closed and unwilling eyes.

Separated ang parents ni Alex dahil sa iba't - ibang dahilan like politics and adultery. But most of the reasons are just merely stupid things. Since then, nag decide si Alex to live with his tita Mae dahil ayaw rin naman niyang mamili between his parents.