Chapter 26

~Niall's POV~

It's been four days since I sent Katy all these flowers, and she still hasn't contacted me. Not even a text or a quick thank you. Nothing. Maybe I should've just let her have some space to think about everything.

Zayn hasn't heard anything either, and she didn't replied to his texts. I was on the edge of going over to her house and check on her pretty often, but I could catch me every time. If she needed time to think, I was going to give it to her. The only thing that was strange, was that she also refused to talk to Zayn. But I couldn't care less for what she did with Zayn.

But four days is way too long for me now. I need to see how she is and I need to see her gorgeous smile and her shining eyes. I stood up from my lying position on the bed and jogged over to my closet. I wanted to look at least presentable when I see Katy again. I pull out some clean jeans and a casual white v-neck. I get dressed quickly and jog down the stairs. Luckily no one is downstairs, so no one can stop me and knock some sense into me. I mean, yeah, I do know that it is probably a bad idea, but I just need to see her.

So I make my way out of the front door and over to Katy's before anyone can stop me. By the time I'm in front of Katy's door, my heart is beating fast and my hands are sweating. I'm really nervous, even if I've known Katy for so long. I take a deep breath and knock on her door, knowing that she prefers when I knock, cause her doorbell has this really annoying sound.

I bury my hands deep in my pockets as I wait for her to open the door. I hear footsteps and then the door opens, revealing Katy. She looks incredibly tired in her yoga pants and oversized shirt, as if she hasn't slept in nights. But then again, what if she didn't? A few seconds I just stand there, looking at her, and she looks back.

"Can I help you?" She croaks out finally, her voice hoarse and I hope it didn't came from crying so much. She clears her throat, obviously seen the worried look on my face.

"Oh, well, I just came here to check on you. You haven't reported to me, so I thought that I should just come by and look if you're okay." I said, rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly. For a matter of seconds, Katy looks like she's going to burst into tears, but she catches herself quickly and gulps.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Thanks for checking though." She answers, already trying to push the door shut, but I stop her with my hand.

"If you say so." I say, knowing exactly that something's bothering her, but I don't want to push it by asking her. "So..um..If you want to, we could maybe hang out tonight? You know, just like old times." I suggested and for a small moment, a smile appears on her face, obviously reliving all of our moments together. She looks unsure for a moment, but then nods.

I beam at her and shove my hands in my pockets again. "Okay then. I'll come by at six thirty." I say before flashing her one last smile and turning around. I hear the door close behind me, and I see that as a perfect moment for me to do a small happy dance. I wiggle a little around while I make inhuman noises, and after a few moments of letting it out, I go back to my house.

I open the door and there's still no one in the living room. I look at my watch and see that it's only four p.m. and that I still have a lot of time to think of what I'm going to do with Katy.

A great idea flashes in my mind.

~Katy's POV~

Once Niall was gone, I felt tears coming to my eyes again. I was thinking about what to do with our friendship for the last few days and I had settled on keeping my distance from him, but i guess seeing him now caught me a bit off guard. I felt terribly weak for agreeing on spending my evening with him, but he reminded me of how strong our friendship was and of all our late nights together. I just couldn't turn him down.