Chapter 6

Author's note: warning this chapter is about the rape of my character. If this bothers any of you don't read.

Yet another week past without me telling Lana how I feel. I don't think I ever will at this point. I'm too afraid.

"Hey I'm going to a party with some of the girls tonight. It's me, Eva, and Emma plus their friends. It will be really fun. Want to come?" Lana asked coming into my room. "No thanks. Parties are not my thing." I said. "Oh right your 18." She said feeling bad. "No it's not that. It's just I'm straight edge and I don't really like that stuff anyway. But you go and have fun. I'll be here at home." I said. "Ok if your sure. Bye Cora." She said leaving.

Even my parents never had parities back at home. I never went to parties at school either. It was never my thing. Mainly just because of the drinking and drugs that happen there.

Suddenly my head starts to hurt and I'm seeing flashes to that night from a month ago. The reason I ran away in the first place. I try to stop it but the flashes keep coming till I give into the flashback. 

Flashback

It's late. Midnight to be exact. I can't sleep. I'm laying in bed reading my book trying make myself sleep while praying he doesn't come tonight. I know I need sleep I have class in the morning and a big test. He's not coming. I tell myself this for the millionth time tonight trying to make myself actually believe it. Somehow this works and I fall asleep.

It's 2 am now and I hear my door open. He's here. I hear him walk in and smell the alcohol on his breath. He's been out drinking tonight. "Oh Cora. I know your awake." He slurs. He undresses himself and gets on my bed. I don't fight it anymore like I did when I was really little. I already know I'm dirty, worthless, and unloveable as he's been saying for years. But this was the deal. I let him hurt me so Seth doesn't get hurt. Besides I've become numb to it now. It's like I don't ever feel it anymore. I help him undress me this time because I want it over with. He enters me and he moans as I feel him rip apart my insides. I don't feel it anymore or scream in pain like I used to. I don't want to wake my family and they will never know about this.

Once he's finished he leaves and all I'm left with is regret. This ends tomorrow. I'm leaving. I can't take the pain anymore. I feel so empty inside. Tears fall on my pillow as I lay curled on my side hoping the bleeding stops soon. I fall asleep.

The flashback ends and I let out a scream and a sob. But that's it. I lay in bed and fall asleep.