Chapter 8

Another week has past and I'm just laying in bed sleeping and relaxing. I hear my door open and I look up to see Lana walk in. She's wearing a really cute bikini. I try to hide my blush.

"Hey Cora. Good morning sleepy head. I'm going to the beach today. Want to come?" She asked. "Yes!" I said quickly before I know what I was saying. "Let me get ready." I said. I got up. Lana leaves the room so I can change. This is it. I'm going to tell her how I feel about her today. I finish changing to my bikini and go out to meet her in the living room. "Hey I'm ready." I said. "Great." Lana said smiling and grabbed her bag. I follow her out and we go to her car. Lana drives to the beach.

We get there and I get out. There are not actually too many people there today which surprises me. I follow Lana onto the beach. Lana lays a towel down. I put on sunscreen. Lana does too. Then we race each other to the water. I win of course as I jump in. I splash and playing, swimming in the water. It's been years since I've been to a beach. The last time I went I was 4 and it was before my parents had Seth. Seth wouldn't be able to go because of his disabilities.

I look to see Lana watching me and I smile and get up from the water. I walk to her and grab her hand. "I want to tell you something." I said as I pull her to walk with me on the beach. "What is it?" Lana asked as she walked with me holding my hand. "I like you as more then just a friend." I said nervous. "I like you that way too. But I was scared to tell you. I'm so happy you feel the same way." Lana said. I smile so relieved. We walk back to our towel holding hands.