Saving Ezra

I heard a sharp scream. My mother. I quickly shot out of bed and looked outside of my door. I could hear sirens in the distance, they seemed to be coming to our house. When I saw my father on the floor I knew the meaning of the scream, and why I heard  sirens. My father had just been murdered. Now my life will change forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "Ezra Wells, you  will be coming with me, grab your things quickly." a social worker told me.  I was very confused. What was going on? I still had my mother why are they taking me. The woman lead me to her towncar and I put my things in the back trunk. She took me to a house in a town 2 hours from my home. I finally understood. I was going to a foster home. What has my mother done? Or where is she?

   When we got to the house a couple came out with a little kid. She looked about six. They welcomed me, and brought my bags up to a dark red painted room. Still confused, I played along. I finally got tired of the act and pulled the social worker aside. 

"Why am I here? Where is my mother? You didn't even give me an explanation!" I screamed.

"You're mother was in a fatal accident. An autopsy will be done later tonight. You will be staying with the Ottaman's. If you do well here they might just adopt you."

" I don't want to be adopted! I want my mother! "

She looked scared and guilty. Is my mother really dead? I have no one now. No family. Just as I said that I see this girl. She was jogging outside on the clean cement sidewalk infront of the Ottaman's house. She was gorgeous. Normally a random girl doesn't catch my eye, but this one did. She had an olive complexion, and dark brown hair with those summery highlights. I had to find out who this girl was sooner or later.