Chapter 3

About five minutes after Spencer left the Ottaman's came home. I wonder where they went because it took awhile. I'm glad they took awhile, though. Because then I couldn't have had a conversation with Spencer. The Ottaman's were all-around happy people. Their daughter was six, just like I thought, and her name was Rosie Anne.

When Rosie came in through the garage door and saw me leaning on the kitchen island, she instantly came running toward me screaming "EZ!"

She gave me the nickname Ez because she couldn't just yet say my name correctly.

I picked her up and spinned her around. Her little laugh was adorable. She was adorable. I'm already fond of her and I've only been here four and half days. Then her little voice speaks,

"EZ what did you do all by yourself while we was gone?"

"Well Rosie, Spencer came over."

Then Mrs.Ottaman spoke, "Spencer Reyes?"

"Yes, Spencer Reyes. She's really nice and pretty."

"Ezra her family has a pretty bad past, I don't want you getting involved with her. "

My heart sunk. What kind of bad past? What was so bad that makes Mrs.Ottaman not want me to associate with her? My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. I picked it up and it was my social worker.

"Hello Ezra, how are the Ottaman's?"

"Hello Tara. The Ottaman's are really great. Not as good as my mother, though."

"Well, I was just calling to check up on you. Be good for them will you? They're trying."

"Yes, I will. Thanks for calling. Goodbye."

"Goodnight Ezra."

When I hung up the phone Mr.Ottaman was standing in my doorway. He looked curious. He's probably wondering who I was talking to.

"It was just my social worker John."

He looked relieved, "Oh, well that is good."

"Mr.Ottaman can I ask you something? I mean will you tell me the truth when I ask?"

"Yeah, sure Ezra. Anything. What is it?"

"What is so bad about Spencer Reyes' past?"

"Well Ezra..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: CLIFFHANGER! What do you guys think so far? I really have been working up some ideas. Chapter 4 should be up tomorrow!! Keep reading and voting!