Chapter 1

"Run, Tris! Don't turn around!" said a familiar male voice. "But! I can't leave you! Please! Where are you, Dad?" said a child-like voice. I felt his hand reach my shoulders and whispered, "Honey its gonna be fine, you just gotta trust--

"Honey?" "Hey, wake up dear." "It's just a dream."

"Whoa" I jolted as I woke up from my nightmare. "I'm sorry, did I wake you up?"

"It's fine, Tris. Its almost 8 in the morning anyway. We need to pack up now." She smiles.

"Won't you change your mind? You seriously would leave your 16-year-old daughter with a stranger? You can't be serious Mom." I complained.

"Hon, first of all, she is no stranger, Okay? She is my best friend! I told you already. Trust me, you'll love Jenny, alright?"

"Korea is gazillion miles away from New Jersey, Mom!" I answered

"Tris, please. You know this will be hard and I will miss you more than you can ever think. This is all for you, I'm doing this for you, Honey." She tells me these sweet words, but her phone buzzes to cut us as usual.

"Tris, gotta pick this up, honey. Give me a few--" "Shauna Adams speaking, yes?" I chanted these words and mimicked her. She gazed at me and I laughed and hugged her and whispered, "I'll leave you here. I'll prepare breakfast." She gave me a thumbs up and started talking.

Mom is a superwoman. No, she is more than that. She is full of wonder, greatness and beauty. I can't think of any word that would perfectly describe her. She had me when she was 18. A usual, douchebag guy 101 and he just left without any word for 16 years! We mom went through a lot. But lucky thing, granny was on our side. That's why when we lost her a year ago, we were devastated. She's the only one we got. But then again, life is amazing and I am hopeful for the coming days. I wonder if Jenny's really nice. I haven't met her before. Does she have kids? We'll see later.

"Tris, need some help there?"

"Coming!" I shouted back as I went to our table and ate our breakfast.

"I'll skip school today. I want to send you off first, Mom." I told her while eating pancakes.

"Tris love, i want to but," i cut her, "Mom, please. Just let me." She sighed. "Alright then. Make sure you won't miss anything... I love you, Tris. No matter what. She almost cried.

"Hey hey, I'll be fine, Mom. I love you."

We drove for 30 minutes as we reached the airport. I hugged my mom goodbye and gave her the sweetest kiss a daughter could ever give.

As she walks through the hallway, she shouts, "I love you Tris!" i shout back, "Love you Mom! Call me when you get there!" I watched as she paces and fades away from my sight.