Chapter 9: Tris

Those jerks, they really have to humiliate me. I left them there and went straight to my room and catches up on some readings.

Right now, I'm hooked up with Victoria Aveyard's 'Red Queen' series.

While reading, Jared's face came into my mind. I've no idea why does it hurt whenever he's doing that. Why does it matter to me when he doesn't want me around. Why do I hate it when he doesn't seem to like--like me back?

Maybe that's why i stopped liking him. Back in 5th grade, I liked Jared ever since. It's his brown eyes, his gaze and the way he's so mysterious makes me like him more and more. But he never liked me back. In fact, I was always bullied by him and up until now, it never changed.

I felt tired and decided to take a nap first. It's been a long day anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My short nap turned into a deep sleep. I turned to my clock and it's past 8 already.

"I gotta get ready for school." I told myself.

I was about to go to the bathroom, at the right side of my room. Usual morning routine.

But something snapped in me.

"Oh yes, I'm living with the Kim's. God Tris, you're getting old!" I was talking to myself. Literally. I have gone crazy. 

The bathroom was on my left side so I went in and got ready for school. I gotta be finished before Jared leaves. I don't want to drive my way to school with him.

But wait, A girl's gotta decide what to wear.

I scanned through my clothes and looked for something great to wear. I think peach is something nice to wear today. I picked up my floral peach blouse and flare jeans, got my hair into a messy bun, gave my cheeks a few pinches of blush and a dip of tint for my lips and viola, I'm ready.

I ran downstairs and not to let Jared catch me up but then i dropped something and had no choice but to pick it up. Then at my surprise, some jerk spanked me from behind. Of course, its Jared.

"Nice ass, nerd! Save that for me tonight, Yeah?" He says jokingly while going downstairs, ahead of me. Then he winks again, then bites his lower lip. Jesus, does he even have to do that. He's smoking hot.

but feisty Tris comes in saying, "You wish, Asshole!"

Jared runs off, thank God. My phone buzzes and it's Allie calling. I picked up,

"Hey!"

"Hi, Tris. Can you fetch me? I miss you."

"Course! See you in 10 mins."

I walked pass the door and shout goodbye to Jenny and she answered back.

I ran towards my car and drove to Allie's house.

"Tris!" Allie shouts as she rides in the passenger seat.

"Allie, I'm inches away! No need to shooout!" I shout back then laughed a bit.

"Oh, dear. I just miss you! Travis is getting on my nerves these past few days."

"I saw him last night at Jared's."

"Exactly! He's always with his loser friends! And he doesn't take me with them! As if he doesn't want them to see me!"

"Exactly too, girl. Guys don't bring in their girlfriends when their with the gang. Its their mantra, you know."

"I know."

"Forget him, You'll get used to it. I love you anyway."

"Yeah. Of course. But wait, how's living with the daredevil?" Allie asked while smirking at me.

"Cut it out, bitch." We laughed as we reached the school entrance, just in time to run for our 9:30 am class.