1) The Driving School

•Chapter 1•

"Name?"

"Jenna Stewart" I said.

"Date of birth?"

"17th of May ma'am."

"And the year," the lady at the front desk questioned abruptly while fixing her eyes on me.

"97"

The lady scribbled down the date on the Drivers Ed registration paper.

"Alright, here's your textbook and pen," the woman said while placing an old worn textbook and pen in my hands. "the room is first door on your left down the hall."

I walked into the worn out room and before I could even take a seat, the instructor demanded me to sign in.

I signed in, sat down, and started flipping through my textbook, as I waiting for everyone to enter the room. I felt a small note slip out from the book. "If you are new, don't sit at table 2." The note warned, "that table is reserved for Styles."

I looked across the room to find the second table, and sure enough. I was right across from table 2.

The class started, and I payed close attention as a small boy with beach blonde hair take a seat at table 2. Wondering what would happen, I asked the girl with dark hair next to me if she'd ever heard of Styles. She looked to see if anyone was looking and leaned in and whispered, "He's been in this class once before, but was absent too many times. I heard he's taking it again," her voice deepened, "he could be in our class."

"Let's see, Mrs. Stewart," the instructor said, "can you cross a broken yellow line?"

I mumbled, "yes sir."

"You just got lucky. Pay more attention, because next time I call on you; you won't know the answer without paying attention."

The class continued on, and he never showed up. The boy sitting at table 2 remained there the whole class. But no one else dared to sit there.

After the 2 hour class, my sister picked me up. I opened the passenger door, and was about to sit down until, "Hey watch it girl!" I jumped back startled. "And who the heck are you?" I said crossing my arms, looking over at my sister. Jess put her hand on the guys shoulder sitting in the passengers seat. "Calm it Jen, this is Matt," said Jess.

"Matt?" I questioned

"Can we talk when we get home?"

I rolled my eyes, and sat in the backseat.

"Guess what Jen, Matt's going to be going to our school. He just moved into his cousins house." Jess said.

"That's great," I said.

My sister pulled up to a house that was mostly hidden by trees. Matt got out
And looked over at Jess and smiled. "See you later Jessica." He waved goodbye and stepped foot onto the brick pathway that lead to the house.

I looked in the back window of my sister's car as I heard a vehicle approach. The car went up the driveway of the house, a man got out, he had a tall figure a beanie on, and-

Before I could look anymore, the car was moving, and we were already down the street.