2) The Storm

•Chapter 2•

We got home and It began to rain and I heated up some lunch and took a quick look at my Instagram. I scrolled through some pictures and the time passed quickly, with the rain getting harder and the thunder starting to roar.

I went over to the coach, grabbed the remote, and turned on the TV. "Ughh," I thought. My mum had left the news station on. I walked away for a moment to let my dog out of his crate, I sat back down on the coach and looked down at my phone. I got a text,

From: Skyler

_________

TURN ON THE NEWS NOW! ! it's Jordan's housee!

____________________________________

I looked up at the TV in shock, as I hadn't noticed the burning house displayed on the TV before sitting back down.

And Jordan used to be one of my friends when I was little, and I knew that Jordan was also a good friend to Sky.

To: Skyler

_______

are they out of the house?! i hope J's ok !

____________________________

I kept watching the screen, and "what the-" I thought as I saw a tree that looked similar to the one at the house Matt was staying at burning down. "JESSICA!" I called up the stairs.

"What do you want?" She said.

"It's your boyfriend Matt."

"Shuddup he's not my boyfriend; well not yet at least." She giggled to herself.

"Get down here fast, I think his house is on fire!"

She came storming down the stairs. "Say what!" She took a quick look at the TV.

"Is that Matt's tree that's burning from that house? Does Matt live next door to that house?" I questioned.

But Jess was already gone, and had grabbed the keys off the island and was out the door.

I ran out the garage door running up to her car. I got in the car before she could leave.

"Where are we-"

"Shut up!" Jess cut in.

"Matt's place?"

"Jenna, stop talking!" Tears started rolling down her cheeks, and I began to wonder how long she'd known him, if she cared this much about him.

She started panicking, and I demanded her to pull over. With my sister's high temper I knew she wouldn't listen to me. Things you should know about Jess. Don't talk to her when she mad or sad, and defiantly not both of those together.

We pulled up to the house and 2 more trees had caught on fire. 4 figures of people stood on sidewalk watching the firemen trying to bring the fire to a

stop. Jess flew out of the car, and ran to Matt the tallest figure standing there, and I watched as she wrapped her arms around his neck. I stepped out of the car and walked over to Jess. A minute later, Jess took me over to the side but to a point at which we could see all of Matt's family and she whispered to me all of Matt's families names, so I'd know who they were, because Jess thought that this wasn't a good time for them to introduce themselves to me. She told me each individual one by one.

"That one that's a little taller than that woman is Ben, Matt's brother. And do you see the woman that's Matt's Aunt Anne. And that guy that's taller than the aunt but a little shorter than Matt and Ben, that'd be Harry," She paused for a moment. "That's Matt's cousin."