Chapter 6 Ivy

~Angel's POV~

I was at lunch eating when Aphmau suddenly left her friends, who I assumed her friends were, to sit by me. "Hey, Angel." She said, smiling sadly at me. I returned the look. "Why are you sitting over here? Aren't those your friends?" I asked her, before going back to playing with my food. "No, I normally sit alone. They sat over there to make fun of me." She said sadly. I felt bad for her. She was going through the exact same thing as I was going through. I stopped playing with my food to think. "How about this... I'll be your friend." I said, looking at her, with kindness in my eyes. "R-r-really?!" She said, happily. "Ya." I said. "Um... I'm kind of socially awkward..." She said, looking at the floor. "Don't worry... so am I." I said, putting my arms on the table. She just smiled and we finished lunch in a comfortable silence. We walked out of the cafeteria smiling and laughing. "See you after school?" Aphmau asked, looking at me. "Yup! Ttyl!" I said, walking into the auditorium, where Laurence was already telling the band what song we were doing and how we were going to make it more interesting. "You ready to practice, Angel?" Laurence asked, turning towards me and handing me a hands-free microphone. "Where--" I started, but Laurence cut me off. "It's the schools. We should get started, but you don't have to start off with the mic." He told me. "Ya... I don't want to start off with it." I said putting it down on a table towards the back of the auditorium. We got in where we were positioned to be. I was in the way back of the auditorium, and Laurence was on the stage. "Ready?" He called. "YA!" I yelled back. "If you need to take a break or something goes wrong hold up the number 2 with your fingers. Got it?" He yelled to me. "Got it! WAIT!" I yelled, as Nicole came in. Laurence was surprised at the sudden appearance. "Hey Angel!" Nicole said, hugging me. "We're gonna practice our song first, then we can work on our duet." I said, looking at Laurence. "First off, what song are we doing?" Nicole asked. "I will survive." I said, jumping a little. "I'll put my headphones in and listen to the song while you practice." Nicole said as she found a seat, and quickly got on YouTube. I ran back to my position and gave Laurence a thumbs up. The band started playing and I was the one who started off singing.

Nicole must have memorized her lines pretty quick, because out of the corner of my eye, I saw her watching me. Once we finished she started clapping. "Well, are you almost ready for us to practice?" She asked as I walked up to her and sat down. "Ya... but I think I will take a break." I said, as I stood up and got a cup of water.

~3rd person POV~

Angel sat back down, and talked to Nicole as Laurence took a seat, and joined in. She wasn't paying any attention to mic Laurence gave her to use. So while they were talking, the three "popular" girls had snuck into the auditorium and were at the table where Angel had set the mic down. The girl who always poked fun of her, Ivy (You'll know who this is from the MCD video.), reached up and grabbed the mic. She soon broke it (DUN! DUN! DUN!). "Now she can't do her duet with Laurence." Ivy said, putting the, now broken, mic back on the table. "Ivy... are you sure about this? She's never done anything to us." One of the girls with her said. "Of course I am, Sasha!" She said, standing up and leaving the auditorium from the other door. "Okay then..." The Sasha said, standing up with her other friend, and following Ivy out. "Okay! I think I'm ready!" Angel said, jumping up and running over to where the mic was. Angel paused, suspiciously studying the mic. "What's wrong, Angel?" Nicole called. "First off, the mic is not in the same spot on the table I left it on, and it's obviously broken." Angel said, glaring at it, knowing exactly who did it. Laurence walked up behind her and looked at the mic. "Ivy..." He said, eyes widening. "I need to go do something..." Angel said, running out of the direction that Ivy ran off to.

~Angel's POV~

So... her name is Ivy. That's all I needed to hear. I sprinted in front of them, while they were on their way to the office. "What are you doing?" Ivy sassily asked. "Ivy, can I speak to you, outside,... ALONE!" I said, glaring at her. "Fine whatever." Ivy said, following me outside. Once we were outside, we stopped walking and as an instinctive thing, I started to circle her, which must have freaked her out a bit. I started to sing.

And she had a look of fear on her face, which I found her weakness, but she had never noticed I had told her mine, which I found amusing. I continued to circle her until the song was over. When I was finished singing, I left her standing there. I sneered as I walked back into the school, then shook my head. I looked down at the floor, this day just went from good to bad, and from bad to worse pretty quick. I had guilt, but I weaved through the students to the auditorium. "Angel!? ARE YOU OKAY!? You... look depressed..." Nicole said, running out of the auditorium. "Ya... i'm fine... just questioning my sanity..." I told her. I had dry tears at the side of my eyes, and they were a little red. Nicole and I walk into the auditorium where Laurence was pacing on stage. He turned to look at us when Nicole opened the door. His face looked relieved when he saw me. He suddenly jumped off the stage, ran, and hugged me. I was so surprised I just stood there. "I was really worried..." he whispered, not yet letting go. I felt like I had butterflies in my stomach... I WAS SO CONFUSED AND, somewhat flustered. I never had an interest in boys, but plenty of the boys here showed interest in me. I looked at Nicole. 'What is my life?' I mouthed to her. She just shrugged. 'Very helpful Nicole!' I thought, rolling my eyes. Laurence let go and Nicole and I left to the stage to practice, with me feeling as awkward as ever...

~Agent A.J.~