Chapter 1

I took a deep breath in, and sighed in the mirror. Today was my interview to become the personal assistant for Nate Matthews at Matthews Enterprise.

Apparently, according to Blake, he was well known all over the world, pretty much most people knew who he was and his business. I've heard of his name around town but never seen the bloke myself.

If I got the job, I would need a lot of dedication and I have to be on standby 24/7 in case he needs anything. I mean, can I really commit to it? Waking up at 2am to do some errands is no fun.

But, I need a new job, and hopefully I'll get it!

I had just under an hour until I had to leave the house. I took a quick shower, and applied my makeup. I decided to go for more of a simple look, was bright red lipstick and a black smokey eye look appropriate? Perhaps not. I just went with my normal makeup routine of foundation, some concealer, powder, winged eyeliner and mascara & to finish my look of I added a dusting of bronzer on my cheekbones.

I decided to just leave my thick, brown hair down, I didn't want to overdo my look for first impressions.

I picked out a plain black dress which stopped just at my knee, highlighting my curves perfectly.

I paired it with my plain black heels. Damn I looked fine, I thought as I looked in the mirror! So simple yet classy.

As I left, I grabbed my handbag and applied my matte nude lipstick to complete my look.

'Good luck babe! I'm positive you'll get this job! You can do this Belle!' Blair called from the kitchen as she poured me a coffee to go.

Blair is my best friend, but we have a bond like sisters. We met in high school and ever since then she's been here for me thick and thin. We also share an apartment too, which is pretty useful. Blair is a lawyer, she is very determined and keen at her job, I'm proud of her.

'Thank you babe. I'll text you how it goes!' I shout while exiting through the main door with my flask in hand. I started walking from our apartment into the cold crisp weather of New
York.

I had just under 30 minutes until the interview and it takes 20 minutes to get to Matthews Enterprise. I thought about driving but it would be better for me if I walked, it would soothe my anxious mind a little.

I started walking and in no time I was away with the busy New York crowd.

Damn I love this city.

I was faced opposite the building. It was a tall building, it towered over me and the people of New York, It's logo engraved above the main doors.

Two buff security guards stood at the entrance scanning their eyes over every individual person that entered the building.

I took a deep breath in, my anxiety was getting to the worst of me. 'You can do this Annabelle' I thought as I clutched my bag closer to my chest.

I walked through the large glass double doors and instantly I was faced with multiple businessmen and women awaiting appointments at the large reception desks. I walked towards the receptionists desks and got in line.

'Hi, I'm Annabelle Jacobs. I'm attending an interview with Mr Matthews at 9am.' I said to a Middle aged woman, with thick blonde hair tied into a low ponytail.

'Please follow me Miss Jacobs' she said as she grabbed a clipboard of the shelf and lead me to the large elevators. It was silent at first, but we managed to make conversation.

'You're the last one here, so I'd make an impression' she chuckled, I laughed nervously.
'I'm really nervous' I added

'Yeah, I was at first too. But once you get to know Mr Matthews deep down, he's a nice gentleman. He just can be, well... intimidating at first' she replied.