Chapter 3

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry; show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile"

*Tuesday Morning*

Repeating my usual routine, I decided to go for a more casual outfit today.

Grabbing my grey floral trousers and a cute white blouse, I pair it with some white heels and a grey tote, I wanted to be comfy.

Our flight to Japan was long, and I was feeling a little anxious about flying with just Mr Matthews and 'Noah' today. I grabbed a coffee to go and placed my phone in my bag, collecting my car keys and making my way out to my car.

**at the building**
"Good Morning Annabelle" Blake called, while walking past me to the elevator.

"Good Morning Blake" I smiled.
"Annabelle my dear, here is your schedule and files for the trip" Jane said, whilst placing a folder into my hands.

I thanked Jane and made my way to the elevator.

Entering the elevator I looked to my left noticing that the girl from yesterday, Miranda or something was standing there. Great timing Annabelle. She sarcastically smiled and fluttered her lashes so hard, I wouldn't be surprised if her fake eyelashes fell off. She then pressed the button for her floor and messed about with her nails. Talk about being fake, I can't do with people like her. If Mr Matthews was dating her, then i would've thought he had higher standards. But then again, who am I to judge looking at my history of boys and exes. We'll leave that there...

As we reached the 13th floor, she gave me a glare before leaving through the stainless steel double doors. Ugh what is her problem!

I arrived at the floor and opened the huge doors leading to the office.
As I entered the office, there was silence that filled the room. Mr Matthews was already working away on that laptop of his.

"Good morning Mr Matthews" I said before placing his coffee onto the desk.

"Are you ready for this evening?" He rudely said.

"I just need to finish packing sir" I replied

"You can have this afternoon off to get prepared, have you got the files?" He asked; his eyes still glued onto the screen of his computer.

"Yes, and thank you sir"

"Mr Matthews." He corrected.

"Sorry..Mr Matthews" I said awkwardly, turning on my heels and walking to the door of my office.

As i only had half a day, i mostly did work on my computer; returning emails, producing schedules & creating presentations for Nate's upcoming meeting.

The whole time I still had this anxious feeling in the back of my mind about going to Japan, but I should probably get use to these unexpected business trips.

**2:00pm**
My keys rattled in my hand as I tried to find my office key.

"Can you be quieter with that thing, I still have to work unlike you" he said harshly. His attitude is doing my head in, I want to stick up for myself but at the moment it's best to just keep my mouth shut since he's the guy to fire you on the spot, and I really need this job right now.

"Er..sorry Mr Matthews" I apologised pathetically. He didn't deserve any of my apologies.

Finally locking my office door, I walked across Mr Matthews large office, heading towards the two double doors.

"Miss Jacobs" he called, just as I was about to make my way out.

"Yes boss?" I hope he doesn't mind me calling him that.