Oakalhoma is gone

I need to leave, I can't stay here. Oklahoma is the worst thing to happen to me. the tornadoes outside always seem to laugh at me like I'm stuck here in okalahoma for good. Why was this my fate? Who am I supposed to be? Was I dammned to this Okalahoma life, that I live through, in Oaklahoma?

I need the opportunity

and it came

"You need to start think bout what you wanna do with your life" my father said to me. He's never discussed anything with me before. He said it's too hard to have family talks since all our family was swept up into a tornado. We were never close.

"I don't know Dad." I replied. I really don't know where I want to go. I want to get out of Okalahoma, the place that I live, in Okalahoma, but never why. or how. or when. or who. or what. The 5 question words don't cross your mind when you want to get out of Okalahoma.

"You have no idea at all? Honey, I just want you to be happy."

"Thanks Dad."

"I also want to follow your dreams."
"I will do that, Dad".

"But, since I'm dad I will tell you that you have to stay in Okalahoma, marry a boy I approve of, and work on the farm with me and my trusty pitchfork."

"But dad you said you wanted me to be happy."

He looked stunned. "The farm is a happy place! We have chicken and goose and geese and moose and meese and cows and donkey-thing we can't tell the real species of."

"Dad I don't want to stay in Okalahoma." The truth needed to come out.

"You can't leave okalahoma. It's your Okla-HOME-a!!!!!!"

"Dad, Oklahome is not where I belong!!!" I'm not like him. I have bigger dreams than milking chickens. I have a dream that only NYC could quench.

"THIS IS OUR HOME. H-O-M-E DOES THAT MEAN NOTHING TO YOU!?!??! DOES FAMILY MEAN NOTHING TO YOU?!?!?"

"WHAT FAMILY?!?! WE HAVE NO CONNECTION. wE'RE NOT A FAMILY JUST PEOPLE THAT LIVE TOGETHER." I'm mad. I'm furious. I don't want Okalahoma. I've been on a quest to leave.

"YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET THIS AND LEAVING ME! I'M YOUR FAMILY!" Dad thinks he's important to me. But, in order to be in someone's life, you have to make an effort. I don't think he knows what that is.

"I DON'T CAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Just then the sky became dark. The power went out. We froze in our place--we both know what this means. I feel no panic. I feel no fear. I can't see anything on my father's face either. The timing is actually perfect.

Just as rage fills the house it fills the earth as well. The darkness in both our hearts enters our environment. I know this isn't going to end without any wounds. The wind picks up and I don't move. Hell, it could take up me and the house and I wouldn't care. What is left to care about anyway? I mean, it's Okelahoma. I wouldn't mind it's destruction. Dad looks scared now. He feels the atmosphere's mood too. Dad looks at me. His face seems to ask if it really needed to come to this. I'm not sure but I guess we'll see. However this ends, I know that ruins will be left in the place of where we stand now. Our "home" will be dust just like how it has always been to be.

The winds swirl and scream. The trees that unevenly grow in our yard sway to a heavy beat. Theare dancing to the beat of the shutters hitting the side of the house. The front screen door whips violently back and forth, letting the anger filter in and out of the rooms. We keep our place. The world has to end at some point.

Just then the tornado grazes over the top of the mountain and aims straight for our home. It's path is crooked but it's destination is clear. This will be the ending words, the ones that leave scars not even therapy or apologizes could fix.

 The tornado approaches; everything around it becomes  wild with it. The trees bang violently as their leaves are sucked away. The cow learns to fly as it goes into the tornado. And now, it's here.

Our house it pulled from the ground.

The tornado stares at us.

It gives us a grin.

It's smile is smug and ominous, for we never know of it's motives.

It looks at me, my father, me, my father.

"Anger was once here;" it says, "Well, it will no longer be."

Then the tornado  reaches down and sweeps up Dad.

He is gone forever.

The wound is made, but it didn't hurt as much as I expected it to.

Probably because I have my opportunity to leave.

And with that, Oaklahoma, my father, and the tornado are gone.