Chapter 10 - My hero?

As we arrive at La Cuevita (which means the cave in Spanish) we are immediately seen through by the bouncer. The club looked amazing and as we walked through to the VIP area to meet Jared we were all the centre of attention. Wolf whistles and cheers filled the room.

Blushing lightly from the attention we were getting I quickened my pace.  When we arrived at the VIP section of the club we all embraced him one at a time then went to sit down at a table.  A few minutes later Jared went to get us some drinks.

“What is going on between Jared and you?” Summer asked Carmen. “What do you mean” she says while shrugging lightly and looking anywhere but at Summer. “Yeah, what is with you guys, seriously” I add.  “It’s complicated” is all she says and before I can ask her to elaborate Jared is back with our drinks.

After two rounds of shots, some martini’s minus Jared who had a more manly drink of course - we decided to dance. Carmen and Summer were doing some serious grinding Lucy and I on the other hand kept it more PG 13 however that didn’t last long.  Before I knew I was way passed tipsy but not exactly drunk. I was dancing with Lucy when strong manly hands dragged me away from her.

Turning around I come face to face with a cute man. He had short blonde hair hazel eyes and a muscular body. Although he was cute I couldn’t help compare him to Angelo. Shaking the stupid thought out of my head I start to dance with him. After a few songs the man who I later found out was called Leo took me to the bar and bought me another drink.

Smiling at him I accepted it and brought the glass up my lips. After consuming the drink I started to feel A little dizzy. Looking around the room I tried to find Lucy, Jared, Carmen or Summer but it was hopeless.

The music was loud and giving me a headache. Deciding that I need some fresh air I started to walk out the club. I was leaning against the wall when Leo came out and asked if I was okay.  Before I knew it I was in the alley way behind the club and Leo was on top of me. Putting wet kisses all over my neck and trying to pull up my dress. Fear consumed me and my thoughts scattered. It was almost as if I physically couldn’t scream.

The fear paralyzed me but not for long just as he was about to pull down his pants I started screaming and scratching myself away from him. His grip on me loosened and I used this opportunity to slip away from him.  Stumbling away from him I tried to run but fell. Leo grabbed a hand full of my hair and pulled.

Letting out a scream full of fright I could do nothing else but beg and cry. Before he had a chance to get on top of me once again a figure came out of nowhere and knocked him off me. They rolled around a bit until the figure was on top of Leo and was punching him, kicking him. When Leo became unconscious the figure still kept hitting him.

“Stop you’re going to kill him” I scream. The person immediately tenses and starts to walk towards me. Looking up at the man standing in front of me I am shocked to find out that my hero is no other than..... Angelo.

“Are you okay” he says giving me a hug. Confused by his sudden reaction to me I pull away. “Why did you help me I thought you hated me? You want to take away my baby.” I asked him baffled.

“No Bella, I’m sorry I let my anger get the best of me” he says while gently running his hand down my cheek.  “My name is not Bella its Cassie” I say frowning at the fact he didn’t remember my name. Chuckling softly he replies “I know your name is Cassie, Bella is an Italian endearment it means beautiful.”

Leo groaned from behind us and out of fear I grabbed onto Angelo.  Taking out his phone Angelo made a phone call and soon after to burly men came into the alley and took Leo away. The seriousness of the situation hits me like a ton of bricks. “He was – he was. Oh my god!” I scream shaking. “It’s okay, it’ll be fine come on I won’t let anything happen to you” he says firmly.

Exhaustion both emotional and physically wears me down and before I know it darkness has surrounded me.